INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Support for Digital Music Receivers?  (Read 1149 times)

Russell

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Support for Digital Music Receivers?
« on: September 07, 2004, 03:44:34 pm »

I have read elsewhere in the forum that some amount of support for Sony's Roomlink is available for MC/MediaServer.  What type of support is available?  Where can I read more about this?  Are other devices supported, such as the Linksys Wireless Music System?

I am considering purchasing one or more of these devices, but I wanted to ensure that I could stream my APEs as lossless audio to the device before I make the decision to purchase.

Thanks,
Russell

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Support for Digital Music Receivers?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 03:50:54 pm »

I don't know of any device (other than a PC running MC) that will allow you to stream APE or another lossless format.

Russell

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 04:11:51 pm »

So, does that mena that there is no support for any of these devices, including the Roomlink, within MC/MediaServer?

Also, is there anyway for MediaServer to stream an APE file as WAV?  I know that some of these devices accept WAV streams.  I would like to have access to lossless audio if at all possible.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 04:21:59 pm »

There is an alpha of  RoomLink in MC10. I haven't kept it up to date in 11 because of lack of interest.

I'm not sure any of them support WAV format. It may be that the server provided with the device
converts the WAV file into mp3 or other format for actual delivery.

What you are asking for is possible, we already do on-the-fly translation to mp3 for the TiVo, but is not done at the moment. Keep an eye here for further developments. I'm looking into this.

j

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 05:01:23 pm »

What you are asking for is possible, we already do on-the-fly translation to mp3 for the TiVo, but is not done at the moment. Keep an eye here for further developments. I'm looking into this.

j

Hi John,

Long time to talk.

Do you think realtime conversion (other than for TiVo) might make it to v11?  I would love it if I could listen to my ape files at home over the internet from the office.  And much more importantly, on a connected machine from my server while I'm on my world travels.  I REALLY don't want to have to convert all my ape files to mp3s and try to maintain 2 databases while out of the country for a few years.  Or more likely, just not be able to listen to the ape files at all :(

Please tell me it's on the "to do" list.

Thanks, and take care.

Chris
pretend this is something funny

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 10:18:34 am »

I vote for Digital Receiver support (preferably Squeezebox)!
Pages: [1]   Go Up