INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Server Won't Run  (Read 1107 times)

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Media Server Won't Run
« on: September 09, 2004, 08:07:42 am »

After a clean install of 11.0.78, when I try to run Media Server, a dialog entitled Media Server pops up that says "Media Server is already running" and has only an Ok button. But-- I see no evidence that Media Server is running, i.e. it doesn't appear in the task manager list of processes and there's no tray icon. I've tried this using Media Server with this version of MC on some other machines, however, and Media Server works fine.

So....  I'd like some help in tracking down the cause of this problem. Could it be something (registry entry) left over from an old install that didn't get deleted on an uninstall? What would cause me to get this dialog if Media Server wasn't showing up in the task manager?

Help please.

nigebj

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re:Media Server Won't Run
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 09:51:19 am »

I have this when D5 Media Server is running - server software for a networked DVD player.  The Oritron and GoVideo media server DVD's use this, as do other devices.  If it's not that specific program, do you have any other Media Server type programs running ?

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 01:12:01 pm »

Try the next build (when it comes out).

j

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 11:33:21 pm »

I tried both your suggestions in combination and Media Server is now running. I uninstalled 11.0.78, deleted the old registry keys, stopped all running programs, installed MC 11.0.80 and ran Media Server. This time with success!

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up