INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customizing Current Views  (Read 632 times)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Customizing Current Views
« on: September 10, 2004, 06:20:12 am »

Hi J River,

I did quite some customizing of current views, lost them during some upgrade/reinstall (I think they were also moved internally to another place (from library to registry recently?). Here some of the annoyance encountered:

1) You never know which view is currently loaded! So it would be nice to display (maybe in the title bar) the currently loaded view.

2) When you want to save an exisiting preset, you always have to remember the name of that preset. It does now give you a selection box of the presets already available and an overwrite notification if you save to an existing preset!

3) The whole logic is not really clear. I have first to save a preset to a name, then click "Save this view". I think it would be easier if by clicking "Save this view" it would also save the currently loaded preset.

It would be a great help to have a mechanism to save and restore view schemes and content views separately (or a more general save settings, maybe to a .txt or .mpl file) as this is something that has changed frequently in the development cycle of MC and very often get lost in beta testing processes, so that everything has to be re-entered by hand again :'(
Pages: [1]   Go Up