INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Autosync and the iPod  (Read 1294 times)

wizbang

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
Autosync and the iPod
« on: September 15, 2004, 06:19:25 am »

Hi all,

Has anyone managed to get AutoSync to work with an iPod?

I have a server that is always running MediaCenter (1.0.161) and has the iPod base station plugged into it.
I have selected the Handheld->AutoSync option in the Options->Devices page and I was hoping that whenever I plugged my iPod into its base station it would automatically sync with MediaCenter.

This doesn't happen though  :( I still have to go to my PC and VNC to my server and then manually initiate a synchronisation. This is a pain in the a**e when I get in at 11:00pm and all I want to do is recharge my iPod, download an update of the smart playlists, then pick up the iPod on the way out in the morning...

Anyone have any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Autosync and the iPod
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 04:53:37 pm »

wizbang,

I will check into this issue with MC 10 soon.

Steve

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 10:44:57 am »

Wizbang,

The autosync feature will take you to the synchronization menu if it is enabled, but will not automatically initiate the transfer which is what you want. I will look to possibly add this in MC 11 after all the major revisions settle down.

Steve

wizbang

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2004, 05:42:16 am »

Okay, that explains what I am observing, as by the time I open a VNC window onto my server I often have the Sync diag box already showing and waiting for me to okay it.

What I would really like is the option to do a complete synchronise with no user intervention and also with the option to eject the iPod after the sync is complete.

Then I only need to plug the iPod into the base station and wait for the "Do not disconnect" message to disapear from the iPod screen and I know my iPod has re-sync'd and has a new set of tracks in the smart playlists. This feature alone would make me upgrade to MC 11  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up