INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View Scheme Base On Location  (Read 874 times)

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
View Scheme Base On Location
« on: September 13, 2004, 02:59:01 pm »

Am I missing something obvious, or is it not possible to create a View Scheme based on location.  When I try to do Step 4, I cannot add [Filename (path)].  I notice that I can't create a Search restriction on this field either.

Can anyone help?  I'm working on setting up a blog (I'm calling if "File's Archive" because I want to use it to document what's left of my hopefully long life!) and adding photos with thumbnails.  I find it easiest to copy the photos to another directory, change the resolution (something reasonable like 640x480) and then copy again to a thumbnail directory and change the resolution to 50x50.  Rather than having to keep set tags, it'd be great to browse based on the directory.

Oh, that reminds me:  is there any way to have the destinatoin files of a copy automatically added to the library?  So far, I have to keep doing a reimport after copying.  I'm trying to write something every day, so streamlining the process would be great.

P.S.  I'm using WordPress if anyone's interested.  It seems to do everything I want and it's an open source project.

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re:View Scheme Base On Location
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 07:53:04 pm »

Bump.

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 10:30:32 am »

How do you want your view scheme to be setup?

Did you try looking at the 'disc location' scheme in the presets dropdown? (step 1)

This will add disc location as your first pane, then manually add panes of your choosing to the list.

I'm not sure, but to me, step 4 would be used to filter the global result;

-"documents and settings"

for example, would hide any files with that in any of the default search fields, like [filename (path)]

that any help at all?

-marko

Marko,

Yup - I can get disk location in the panes, but what I can't do is restrict the pane to just a subdirectory.  It's a hassle to navigate all the way through to a sixth-level directory each time.  I can't seem to use [filename (path)] in the search field.  How about youi?

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 01:47:37 pm »

Thanks, Marko...  that works great!  So it looks for any media item that has that criteria in any field?
Pages: [1]   Go Up