INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1. Thanks; 2. MJ 8 to MC 9; 3. Visualizations  (Read 1239 times)

ShirazD

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
1. Thanks; 2. MJ 8 to MC 9; 3. Visualizations
« on: July 09, 2003, 10:49:16 am »

Hi everyone,  :-*

First of all, though I've been a registered user of MJ for years, and I've lurked these forums for just as long, this is the first post I'm making. So let me take this opportunity to shoutout my massive appreciation to JRiver and team for their consistent dedication to this most awesome piece of software. It is a dedication which clearly goes beyond profit motivation, into a love of music, a love of coding, and a healthy respect for the userbase. So, THANK YOU.

Now my questions, which I've decided to combine into one post...

1. I purchased MJ 8 registration in late Dec 2002, apparently just a few weeks after the date for qualifying for the free upgrade to Media Center 9. Why was the date set for early December? And given my long-time use of MJ (I think from around version 3 or so), is it possible that the team would make an exception here?

2. I am an avid fan of the trippiest of visualizations, and though I like what I see in MJ 8, I think there are far better ones out there in Winamp land. Some of these would run on MJ 7 but not anymore with MJ 8.  Does MC 9 allow me to run the Winamp visualizations? If not, does anyone know of any ways to run the coolest Winamp visualizations on MJ 8? Finally, failing that, is it possible to launch Winamp as an external player, using MJ for everything except the actually playing of songs?

3. As long I'm using MJ's visualizations, is it possible to extend the amount of time that MJ 8 takes when cycling between visualizations in Cycle mode? I find it *way* too short. Also, can I specify which visualizations are used in the cycle?

Overall, visualizations is the one area which I think Media Jukebox falls behind.

Peace and thanks again to the JRiver team,

Shiraz

:D

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: 1. Thanks; 2. MJ 8 to MC 9; 3. Visualizations
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2003, 11:21:01 am »

Check out the alpha 3D visualizations for MC 9:

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1053644418;start=0#0

And yes, MC 9 can be configured to work with any external program.

Thanks Shiraz.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

psiborg.ca

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: 1. Thanks; 2. MJ 8 to MC 9; 3. Visualizations
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2003, 03:31:35 pm »

I too would love to see winamp visualization suport for Media Centre 9. Why re-invent the wheel by making new custom visualiztions for Media Centre when there's sooo many available for winamp? Does anyone know if there will be support for winamp visualizations in the foreseeable future?
Pages: [1]   Go Up