INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will MC ever help with USB File Synchs?  (Read 1254 times)

bradesp

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Will MC ever help with USB File Synchs?
« on: September 20, 2004, 09:08:04 am »

I have an iRiver HP120 MP3 player, which I love.  Problem is that plug-ins for synchronizing my media center ( i have v 9.1)  MP3 files works for NON usb type players.  I have to manually drag and drop files to my USB player from a Windows interface.

Is there a way to have MJ automatically do a file compare / synch to function with a usb device?  If not, what do those of you with a USB type MP3 player do to keep up with the files in MC and on your MP3 player?

Thanks!

bradesp

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Will MC ever help with USB File Synchs?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 11:38:21 am »

I think you may need to go upto 10..

I remeber reading that as long as you can see it in Windows Explorer , you can use it in MC...

I think you may need to enable WMDM....

Maybe SteveG can provide more info.
-

SteveG

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 09:39:45 am »

bradesp,

In MJ 9, try changing the volume label of your Archos to something that has the word 'Archos' or 'Jukebox' in it and MJ should recognize it.

If the 120 appears to your PC as a fixed or removable drive, MC 10 will recognize it. In MC 11, your device must be WMDM compatible to be recognized by MC.

Steve

bradesp

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 05:28:55 pm »

I'll try seeing if I can get MC9.1 to "see" my Iriver IHP120... If it does though I'm not clear on what that does for me...   Is there a "view" that shows me what's on my IHP120 vs what's on my PC?

Remember, I'm looking for an intuitive sych functionality that let's me opt-in and out of certain files that are on my master library on the PC.

bradesp

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 01:32:31 pm »

bradesp,

If MC recogizes yoru IHP120, it will show you the contents of it and allow you to transfer and delete files to it.  If you want to sync files, try right clicking on the IHP drive letter and see if there is an option for 'Syncrhonization' (I don't recall if it is in 9.1 for players such as yours). If not, download MC 10 and you will see this option.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up