INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.86 Alpha Available  (Read 1440 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.86 Alpha Available
« on: September 20, 2004, 04:51:27 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  When upgrading from MC 10, you will lose your view schemes.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110086.exe  [see price link above]

Recent Changes

11.0.86 (9/20/04)

1. Fixed: Pressing delete or backspace while typing in the search box would cause wizard translations to happen.
2. Fixed: Using the search control's menu to do clipboard operations would not show / honor the cursor selection and position.
3. Fixed: Selection in Playing Now would not follow playing track when playback looped from the end to beginning.
4. Changed: Media Center 10.x (and previous) encoder plugins supported by MC 11.
5. Fixed: After exiting the "Customize Current View" dialog, the list's right-click menu could show up.
6. Changed: Portable Device recognition based on Device ID matching with WMDM name.
7. Fixed: Cross platform recognition of portable devices under new matching scheme.
8. Fixed: Portable device recognition table is no longer case sensitive to accomodate Windows ME / 98SE.
9. NEW: Several enhancements and fixes to experimental file browser. (see other thread)
10. Fixed: Thumbnail exit cleanup setting could not be changed.

11.0.85 (9/17/04)

1. Fixed: For burning data music CD's, a compatibility problem was fixed that affects a few consumer devices (e.g. AudioPhase).
2. Changed: Improved handling of cases when MC locks on exit
3. NEW: Added option to restrict Joliet filenames to 64 characters for data CD burning.
4. Fixed: MC would resend files to iPod if the rating changed on iPod and MC was set to update ratings.
5. Fixed: When converting files during transfer to Portables, if 'Skip files of same type' is enabled, the available space will correctly show the available space.
6. Changed: Hardware ID of Portable devices used for identification rather than Serial Number.
7. NEW: Added experimental file browsing system. (please use other thread to discuss)

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD support
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re:Media Center 11.0.86 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 07:00:29 pm »

The rip to single file with cue sheet option doesn't work.

urlwolf

• World Citizen
  • building gomotron!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 08:27:56 pm »

Changed: Media Center 10.x (and previous) encoder plugins supported by MC 11
Thank you.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 09:57:49 pm »

1) Theater View - If I start playing something in a first zone and switch to another zone, the visualization window is still shown for the first zone and does not go away.  This is a problem because I have repositioned the visualization window and it obscures the buttons on the home page when I try to select something for the second zone.

2) I have a visualization that shows REMAINING_TIME and have the "gapless" playback mode.  The visualization switches to the next track before the first one is done and shows some weird text for the remaining time for the few seconds before the next track starts.  Sometimes it shows something like "-0:-16" and other times it "counts down" from 0:30 but never reaches 0 of course.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 08:19:23 am »

Hi,

I'm using build .84 and I'm unable to view any video in the window and browse the library at the same time. viewing in the window causes mc to minimize and clicking on it in the task bar only brings up the window playing the video.

Also, still not able to change the volume of media center using media scheduler. please could somebody help me with this if i am doing something wrong. The command I am using again:

Command VolumeSet [35]

Thanks,
Bri

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2004, 08:40:21 am »

I'm using build .84 and I'm unable to view any video in the window and browse the library at the same time. viewing in the window causes mc to minimize and clicking on it in the task bar only brings up the window playing the video.

If you set MC to use windowed mode, it'll minimize the main app by default when switching.

Either of these work:

• Set MC not to use Windowed mode, but instead use Full Screen
  • Hold 'Shift' while starting playback to disable MC from minimizing when going to windowed mode
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2004, 01:12:49 pm »

Installed .86 last night over .85 and this morning it's unable to do anything with my iPod.  It gives me an 'Incorrect parameter' error.  The iPod shows up in the Drives & Devices list but when I navigate to Transfer Files, it just goes back to the top of the Action Window menus.
Toast goes in the toaster.
Pages: [1]   Go Up