INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Server and Security  (Read 926 times)

xsivfun1

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Media Server and Security
« on: September 20, 2004, 04:35:46 pm »

I have a small wireless network setup in my home Our main server has stored on it about 500gigs of data.  I have created two libraries within MC and applied access rights to all files I do not wish to share or be seen by others on the network.  When I enable password in media server and try to stream to my laptop, I can't connect.  So,....

How do I stream my library to me while streaming the other library to everone else?

Also, Is there a setting where only I can edit the library I am streaming and have those changes made both in the library on the laptop and on the server?  For instance, I add a catagory in the options menu  Can I make that visible to all users to that I don't have to add the catagory to the library again at the server?

Thanks,

Mark

Thx,

1 xsivfun1

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re:Media Server and Security
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 05:03:40 pm »

Hi Mark,

Media Server can only stream one library at a time. (this is not something I've seen many requests for).

Make your changes to the library on the server, not on the client. (this is often requested, but is hard to fix).

j

xsivfun1

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 09:38:49 am »

Thanks, J.

Any thoughts or suggestions regarding access rights.  If I can only stream one library, can I exclude some it from some people by using access rights or running media server with password authenticaion enabled?  

Mark
Thx,

1 xsivfun1

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 10:09:24 am »

I can't think of any way, it's pretty much all or nothing.

IF you have two machines, then you can run two Media Servers, one on each machine.

Anyone else interested in running two Media Servers on the same machine?

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up