INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.87 Alpha Available  (Read 2204 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.87 Alpha Available
« on: September 21, 2004, 05:31:09 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  When upgrading from MC 10, you will lose your view schemes.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110087.exe  [see price link above]

Recent Changes

11.0.87 (9/21/04)

1. Changed: Several speedups to experimental file browser.
2. Changed: Added smooth transitions to experimental file browser.
3. Changed: Experimental file view shows a slide-show when the mouse hoovers over an image of an item with multiple images.

11.0.86 (9/20/04)

1. Fixed: Pressing delete or backspace while typing in the search box would cause wizard translations to happen.
2. Fixed: Using the search control's menu to do clipboard operations would not show / honor the cursor selection and position.
3. Fixed: Selection in Playing Now would not follow playing track when playback looped from the end to beginning.
4. Changed: Media Center 10.x (and previous) encoder plugins supported by MC 11.
5. Fixed: After exiting the "Customize Current View" dialog, the list's right-click menu could show up.
6. Changed: Portable Device recognition based on Device ID matching with WMDM name.
7. Fixed: Cross platform recognition of portable devices under new matching scheme.
8. Fixed: Portable device recognition table is no longer case sensitive to accomodate Windows ME / 98SE.
9. NEW: Several enhancements and fixes to experimental file browser. (see other thread)
10. Fixed: Thumbnail exit cleanup setting could not be changed.

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD support
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RemyJ

Re:Media Center 11.0.87 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 06:44:43 pm »

1. Changed: Several speedups to experimental file browser.
2. Changed: Added smooth transitions to experimental file browser.
3. Changed: Experimental file view shows a slide-show when the mouse hoovers over an image of an item with multiple images.

1.  Definitely see the improvement.
2.  Very distracting and choppy when scrolling fast (like with scroll wheel)
3.  Interesting.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Robodoc

• Recent member
  • Did I really say that?!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 09:40:14 pm »

For at least the last few versions of MC 11, I get a Windows error whenever I try to run Media Server.  It bombs as soon as I select File...share.  The Win error report says...

AppName: media server.exe    AppVer: 11.0.15.0    ModName: jrreader.dll
ModVer: 10.0.106.0    Offset: 00003508

Does anyone else have this problem?

Media Center Registered 11.0.87 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 2402 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 534 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: SONY     DVD RW DRU-510A    Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive F: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8520B    Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 10:41:51 pm »

That rip CD as one file with CUE sheet option? Yeah... still not working. ;)

And what happened to the log file that the Secure rip used to create? It hasn't been doing that for the last few versions.

bubu

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 08:28:54 am »

small bug

Hi guys...

When in theater mode and listening to a shoutcast streamed radio I've added to a playlist, the titles are not refreshed when music title/artist change (whereas this change in standard view...)

thx

cfgreen

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2004, 10:49:00 am »

Hi Folks!
Things are getting pretty great and looking better all the time!

First note to you and all Large Library users.While V10 was good, it simply could not cut it while playing with its consistent library saves never mind while tagging. (Backup Libray Size now=13,150)

Going to 11 Showed a tremendous improvement! (Just a tad painful for me on the upgrade though) I lost some info and fixed it all, so please be sure to have backups.

Bug? Moving folders in the tree, I can no longer move Dirs. by drag and drop.

I've seen seen a number of posts with no reply or acknowledgment of this.

When I drag a folder to its new home, the pop-up shows, I select move and it moves the content only. Was there a key combo to go with it? (tried Shift & Control)?

Also it imports UN-imported files, not good while tagging and moving files in and out.
Thanks Chaz

PS the new view system as of .87 is now useable for me, keep up the great job!!

matthewmattical

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2004, 11:37:03 am »

I've been having a few issues with the last couple builds. I'm running .87 now and I'm having an issue with thumbnail/album thumbnail view. Left-clicking will not select a thumbnail/album. Double-clicking simplies sends everything visible to playing now. Right-clicking properly selects the thumbnail and displays the context menu.

Also related, my thumbnail views look to be sorted in a seemingly random order. Setting a sorting order in "customize current view" doesn't stick. It's empty every time I go back to it. The view scheme is sorted by filename and that's always translated over to the thumbnail view previously.

Finally, an issue I've had since version 10 or so that I've never mentioned. Maybe I missed something, but the "alternate playback" mode hasn't worked for me for ages. Is the "ALT" key still the proper key to hold for this to work?

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2004, 12:48:12 pm »

....I thought It was my lack of sleep - I noticed the semi random sorting order of the thumbnail view last night as well.  I tried to apply a different sorting - and it did not appear to take the desired effect.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2004, 03:24:16 pm »

As posted previously,
MC does not always ask if you want the empty folders deleted after files are renamed and moved.

And no, it is not that there is something in the folders, I openned the folder in Windows and checked that the folder options were in fact set to show hidden and system files and found NOTHING in the folder.

MC simply decides not to ask or delete the empty folders at times.

Also, is there way to make MC smarter so that it does not save the database in the middle of updating tags?

And just cause I am in the mood to whine, is there a reason this thread is not pinned like other beta threads have been?
. . . the game is rigged

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2004, 03:29:36 pm »

We don't pin the thread because we're trying not to encourage more people to switch to V11.

Please start a new thread on the problem you're reporting about deleting folders.  Are they or their parents read only?

margolbe

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2004, 03:51:43 pm »

Hi,

Using MC 11, latest version.

When I try to encode using MP3 VBR with the Custom setting, I only get a few choices:  Hi Quality, High Speed, Normal.  I used to get a blank field when using Custom which would allow me to use any of the LAME settings.

How come I can't do this anymore?
Pages: [1]   Go Up