INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.88 Alpha Available  (Read 3413 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.88 Alpha Available
« on: September 22, 2004, 04:56:40 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  When upgrading from MC 10, you will lose your view schemes.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110088.exe  [see price link above]

Recent Changes

11.0.88 (9/22/04)

1. Fixed: During Portable device upload, panes will no longer reset after the completion of a file transfer.
2. Fixed: In some areas of the program, files that were never played could show as "Last Played: 34.x years ago".
3. NEW: Non-audio files with no album will have their album set to the file's date to enhance album grouping.
4. Changed: Several speedups to experimental file browser.
5. Fixed: Moving folders in My Computer with drag-n-drop or the clipboard was not working properly.
6. NEW: Expirmental file view uses different tabs when switching to 'View: Images'.
7. Fixed: Album thumbnails would not sort properly.
8. NEW: Added "Synchronize" button to Zone Manager to ease configuration of synchronize.
9. Fixed: Switching zones could destroy / invalidate the display for that zone -- leading to crashes.
10. NEW: All resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters.
11. Fixed: CD ripping would fail in secure mode with rip/encode simultaneous and WMA encoding with certain CD drives (Lite-On SOHW 812S).
12. Fixed: MP3 Encoder > Custom would not show the configuration dialog that allowed command line parameters to be entered.

11.0.87 (9/21/04)

1. Changed: Several speedups to experimental file browser.
2. Changed: Added smooth transitions to experimental file browser.
3. Changed: Experimental file view shows a slide-show when the mouse hoovers over an image of an item with multiple images.

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD support
  • Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re:Media Center 11.0.88 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 05:12:40 pm »

During setup with 87 (DL'ing 88 now), clearing all file associations also clears them out for V10 after installation is complete.

Comment: While I don't doubt that v11's DB is faster then 10's, that must be for huge libraries with lots of CA and "War & Peace" long entries in the tags. With just standard tags and little cover art (DB size: ~ 3 MB w/ 6200 entries), v10's DB is noticeably faster.

10-27

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 05:32:37 pm »

Comment: While I don't doubt that v11's DB is faster then 10's, that must be for huge libraries with lots of CA and "War & Peace" long entries in the tags. With just standard tags and little cover art (DB size: ~ 3 MB w/ 6200 entries), v10's DB is noticeably faster.

The DB is faster.  Some other new thing may be slower.

Start a thread on what feels slow and we can chase it a little.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bjsolem

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 09:15:13 pm »

the new file view with pictures is GREAT!!

Those were exactly the right tabs to pick.  I like how you can select a person and then the events for that person.  Very cool.

I must confess that I recently bought photoshop album 2.0 because I found it on clearance for cheap.....

This new view brings a lot of photo usability to MC and is going to make me maintain my photo library in both places.......

Now if MC would just give me a few more things that I can DO with my pictures, I will forget that I ever found album 2.0 on clearance.

Things I want to DO with my pictures:

Burn a vcd
save a slideshow as an executable app
multilple html photo templates that can be saved locally
Create albums with captions and formatting that can be saved, burned published, uploaded etc.

Selecting pics and music and hitting enter to start a slideshow with audio will always be the primary thing to use my digital pics for, and MC does this beautifully, much better than album, but there comes a time that you want to start using your pictures in more tangible ways....

Thanks for listening,

As always, JRiver Rocks!

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 10:23:32 pm »

Any chance that rip CD to single file with CUE sheet option works now?

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2004, 06:09:56 am »

Smokin!!

FWIW, my wife, who typically has had no problems navigating, creating playlists, etc., is just raving about the new "browsing" mechanism.
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2004, 06:48:24 am »

Matt,

I love the new file browsing view!

But why do I need to hold Shift while starting MC to get it? Is this a temporary thing? I'd like the feature to always be present.

Thanks.

M.

blackimp

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2004, 09:30:47 am »

APE/FLAC to OGG conversions fail. APE/FLAC to MP3 VBR and WMA VBR works. I would rather convert to MPC, but the plugin fails to load still.
Thanks for a great program so far.

Media Center Registered 11.0.88 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1947 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 670 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1577 (IEBLD.040721-1353) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1556 (xpsp2_gdr.040517-1325) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive E: LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-811S    Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F: LITE-ON LTR-52327S        Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  DVDRW LDW-811S     Addr: 0:2:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive F: LITE-ON  LTR-52327S         Addr: 0:3:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Issues I See
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2004, 09:45:27 am »

1- Import goes much more slowly than v10. This is with all types except common audio files selected. Not even CUE files.

2- CUE file handling is incomplete. Images are not shown, though if APL links for the same target APE exist the album art is found/shown.

2a- Bitrate is not shown for selections from a CUE.

2b- If I convert from a CUE file I get a file named for the source APE not the selection.

Thanks for your attention.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2004, 09:49:39 am »

• Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
This has gotten rid of some 'harsh' parts of certain selections. I have MC output to 24 bit 48K.

Thanks.

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2004, 11:28:37 am »

Make way for the noob! How can I remove the All catagories from the view schemes. Also what is the point of the all? Isn't it the same as slecting the title of that view scheme? Thanks for any info!  ;D
Josh Huggins
Thanks!

RemyJ

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2004, 04:57:51 pm »

Major performance issue...

I discovered this while playing with the new Library Browser....

When fixing coverart either by downloading or by doing a quick find, MC spins the CPU at 100% for about 10 seconds during which time it's unresponsive.   This is with the imagefile tag set to NOT store in the file and with the image itself set to NOT store in the tags.

This only seems to happen for tracks where the current imagefile tag is present but incorrect.  I.E. it points to an image file that may have existed at one time but doesn't anymore.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce
Pages: [1]   Go Up