INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AAC, Ipod, and MC10  (Read 1622 times)

Ginso

• Change this by choosing profile
AAC, Ipod, and MC10
« on: September 24, 2004, 07:51:06 am »

Ok - I'm sure this has been written about before, but i searched and couldn't find an answer.

My Ipod (3g 40g) has been set up using Itunes at work.  I am trying to pull all the music off the Ipod and bring it into Music Center 10 at home.  

However, whenever I attach the Ipod to my computer, it tells me it needs to recreate the database.  When I let it do that, it suddenly thinks there are only about 1/2 as many songs on the ipod as there actually are.  It seems to ignore all the AAC files.  My Ipod itself then thinks there are only half the songs on there (even though it still is using the same amount of disk space as before) and I have to wipe it clean and re-sync it on my work computer using Itunes to get all the files back.

What am I doing wrong?

(And I know an easier way to get everything into my computer would be to use ephpod to pull files off then import them into MC10 - but my home computer is a windows ME, and for whatever reason ephpod for ME doesn't recognize AAC files)

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ginso

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:AAC, Ipod, and MC10
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 09:26:30 am »

Ginso,

My Ipod (3g 40g) has been set up using Itunes at work.  I am trying to pull all the music off the Ipod and bring it into Music Center 10 at home.

If all you want to do is get files from iPod to your home PC, simply connect your iPod and then using Windows Explorer copy the contents of the iPod/ iPod_Control/Music folder to your PC. After you do this, import the folder into MC.

However, whenever I attach the Ipod to my computer, it tells me it needs to recreate the database .....

To get to the bottom of this, I would need to know what version of MC you have. The way iTunes creates the iPod database may not be fully compatible with the way MC does (in recent versions of 10 and 11 it should be pretty close). If MC doesn't recognize things in the iPod database, it will ask you to recreate the database.

Steve

Ginso

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 01:43:46 pm »

thanks for the reply!  As always, customer support here is FANTASTIC.

Anyway, I solved it by Initializing my Ipod using MC 10 at work, putting all the songs on it, then importing them using MC10 on my home computer.  Must have been some problem with the way Itunes was creating the database.

Works great now.  

One other question (realize this if for a different forum) - can I stream non-protected AAC files to my Tivo2 using the server?  Can MC10 convert aac files to mp3 like it does with other formats?

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 03:29:15 pm »

Ginso,

In regards to Tivo, search or post here...

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=7

Can MC10 convert aac files to mp3 like it does with other formats?

There is a way to do this using a third party plugin. Search for this topic on the main MC board and you should be able to find this information.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up