INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creative Nomad Jukebox 3  (Read 2436 times)

10sne1

• World Citizen
Creative Nomad Jukebox 3
« on: September 30, 2004, 03:05:47 pm »

I've skimmed through the thread which deals with this player but I find it hard to follow since it was started before problems were dealt with and new plug ins were developed.  Now I'm not sure what issues should be resolved but I'm ready to try to work with my Nomad Jukebox and Media Center 11.  I've removed the plug in and installed the latest Media Center 11.0.92 and had a few problems and questions.

I tried to SYNC PLAYLISTS and the window opened with Playlists which I already have made on Media Center.  I choose 1 playlist and checked it and said to go ahead.  Well -- I screwed up.  All the playlists which WERE on my Jukebox are now gone.  I quickly saw the window erasing files from the jukebox and tried to cancel ASAP but it's too late.  I thought (wrongly) that it would just add this playlist from Media Center to my Jukebox but obviously that's not how it works.  Before I did this I tried to drag the Playlist in the tree to the playlists listed for Nomad Jukebox but that wouldn't work (got symbol indicating not allowed - circle with line diagonal through it).    Question:  Is there was to add the playlists from my jukebox to Media Center first so I can then do sync action?  I don't see this as an option.  Kindda late now....no playlists left on nomad and of course I never backed them up.

Is it still not possible to play the files I can see on Nomad through Media Center 11?  If I double click I see action not allowed.  This is serious issue to move over and use Media Center to manage my Nomad Jukebox.  If I can't play the files then I must use original software which came with my jukebox (YUCK!)

I've found Media Center to be very stable lately.  Now that I'm playing with Nomad and connecting, looking at files I've had many spontaneous closures of Media Center.  What's up with this?

Thanks for your help.  

Media Center Registered 11.0.92 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2990 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 586 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive D: SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-616T   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E: _NEC    DVD+RW ND-1100A   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive I:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: _NEC     DVD+RW ND-1100A    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Creative Nomad Jukebox 3
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 02:22:17 pm »

10sne1,

I tried to SYNC PLAYLISTS and the window opened with Playlists which I already have made on Media Center.  I choose 1 playlist and checked it and said to go ahead.  Well -- I screwed up.  All the playlists which WERE on my Jukebox are now gone.

If you sync, at the end of the process Nomad will have only the playlists which were selected in MC.  If you just want to add a playlist to Nomad, drag and drop the playlist in the tree onto 'Nomad Jukebox' in the tree. In the build you have, MC may ask whether you want 'move or copy' the playlist. This confusion will go away in the next build of 11.

Question:  Is there was to add the playlists from my jukebox to Media Center first so I can then do sync action?

No. MC is designed so that playlist and smartlist creation should be easy and thorough. Ideally, MC should be where you create your playlists and then you sync them out to your device rather than moving in the opposite direction.

Is it still not possible to play the files I can see on Nomad through Media Center 11?  

It is not currently possible.

Now that I'm playing with Nomad and connecting, looking at files I've had many spontaneous closures of Media Center.  What's up with this?

This should not occur. What drivers are you using for your Nomad? Are you manually installing an MC plugin for Nomad ? (FYI you should not be).Is there a replicable pattern you can report so I can try to recreate the problem here?

One possibility for your problems is that you have a Nomad that is not running the plugin. When you expand your Nomad  in the tree, do you see a tree item for 'Playlists'? If not, this is your problem. The solution is to let me know and I will give you instructions on how to resolve this with the next build (arabilable Monday).

Thanks,

Steve

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2004, 09:26:33 am »

If you sync, at the end of the process Nomad will have only the playlists which were selected in MC.  If you just want to add a playlist to Nomad, drag and drop the playlist in the tree onto 'Nomad Jukebox' in the tree. In the build you have, MC may ask whether you want 'move or copy' the playlist. This confusion will go away in the next build of 11.

Steve, Thanks for your response!

When I try to drag a playlist from the tree as you describe I only see the symbol for "no can do".   This also created the problem of Media Center closure....after trying this and then moving to another window, Media Center closed by itself.  I am now using 11.0.93.

No. MC is designed so that playlist and smartlist creation should be easy and thorough. Ideally, MC should be where you create your playlists and then you sync them out to your device rather than moving in the opposite direction.

I understand this once Media Center is the software used to create playlists on Nomad Jukebox but it order to get them in sync I need to have my playlists from Nomad on Media Center too!  

It is not currently possible.

I realize this isn't the fault of you not wanting this feature but it severely limits the functionality of Media Center for my Nomad.  When creating playlists I usually want to listen to track before deciding it would be good in my playlist (these playlists are usually used for Spinning Classes so I need to have correct beat, etc chosen).  If the tracks are already loaded on my Nomad I don't want to add them again.

This should not occur. What drivers are you using for your Nomad? Are you manually installing an MC plugin for Nomad ? (FYI you should not be).Is there a replicable pattern you can report so I can try to recreate the problem here?

I will try to be more careful about noticing exactly what is happening each time Media Center closes but it generally happens whenever I'm trying to do something with Nomad.  I've removed the plug-in for nomad in case this was the wrong one...letting it come back with installing newest version.  I still get same result.

One possibility for your problems is that you have a Nomad that is not running the plugin. When you expand your Nomad  in the tree, do you see a tree item for 'Playlists'? If not, this is your problem. The solution is to let me know and I will give you instructions on how to resolve this with the next build (arabilable Monday).

I see Playlist in the tree under Nomad Jukebox.  It has a plus next to it when it first appears.  When I click on the playlist folder it now has no plus and there is nothing there...probably because there is nothing there (remember I lost my playlists).  I haven't created any new ones yet but will do that with the Nomad software if it will help.  I was trying to be stuborn and wait until I can figure out how to use Media Center and move existing playlist I have there.

Thanks for your help.

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 10:07:35 am »

When I try to drag a playlist from the tree as you describe I only see the symbol for "no can do".

I cannot duplicate this. Please try again with the next build. Drop onto the name of the player and make sure you see a tree item for 'Playlists' which verifies that you are running the plugin and not the generic WMDM connection to the device. Also, please post the exact name for your Nomad as it appears in the MC tree.

Thanks,

Steve

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2004, 07:21:57 pm »

I'm now working with 11.0.97.  I got my first crash by hooking up Nomad Jukebox 3 and the opening tree for DRIVES AND DEVICES, then the plus next to "NOMAD Jukebox 3" (notice exact name as it appears) to open that tree,  then plus next to Playlists, then I clicked on name of a playlist and no mp3s were listed on the screen next to the tree pane (what is this larger, major pane called?)  I then clicked on another tree item (my Media Center playlists) and Media Center closed.  

I noticed something interesting after reopening Media Center which had happened in the past builds but I didn't put it together.  IF the first thing I do is choose NOMAD Jukebox 3 and instead of just opening tree I actually choose Jukebox and let the files show....then all is ok.  I choose Playlists and then the tree opens and when I select the name of playlist the files appear.  

I can drag a playlist from Media Center to the jukebox IF I drag it into NOMAD Jukebox 3 and not if I drag it to Playlist folder.  It does end up in playlist folder after I choose to transfer the files.  

I cannot drag or figure out how to get a playlist from the Nomad Jukebox 3 into Media Center.  Most of the files that are loaded into the Jukebox are from my Media Center library but the filenames are different because of how they are loaded and the tags are often different because the Album name may have been changed.  I don't want to transfer all these files into PC when they will be dupllicates of what's already on my hard drives.  How do I get these in sync so I can just sync the playlists?

Sorry if these questions have obvious answers but I haven't use the Jukebox with Media Center much and it seems all new to me!  Thanks for your help.

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2004, 10:34:48 am »

I'm now working with 11.0.97.  I got my first crash by hooking up Nomad Jukebox 3 and the opening tree for DRIVES AND DEVICES, then the plus next to "NOMAD Jukebox 3" (notice exact name as it appears)

Please try the next build. Before you do, delete the plugin from the Plug-in manager.

I choose Playlists and then the tree opens and when I select the name of playlist the files appear.  

This is fixed in the next plugin which will install automatically with the next MC build.

I can drag a playlist from Media Center to the jukebox IF I drag it into NOMAD Jukebox 3

This is by design.

I cannot drag or figure out how to get a playlist from the Nomad Jukebox 3 into Media Center.

You cannot move playlists from Nomad to MC. Synching only moves files from MC to your Nomad so you do not need to worry about files moving from Nomad to your PC.  If you have files with different tag information on your Nomad from what is in MC, if you have the option to 'Delete unselected files' checked during the sync, MC will remove the files from Nomad which are different and replace them with the ones from MC so the files are 'In sync' with what is in MC.  After this occurs, you can sync your playlists without the files retransferring because they will be in sync.
Pages: [1]   Go Up