INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot select audio input for TV Tuner  (Read 3047 times)

kaltman

• Change this by choosing profile
Cannot select audio input for TV Tuner
« on: September 30, 2004, 09:02:29 pm »

I am trying to use the TV tuner portion of MC10.0.   When setting up the audio connection, the program prompts to select the mixer and the specific audio line of the mixer  from two different drop down lists.  However, the list for the mixer is populated with the audio lines (eg. line out, mic in, line in) and the list for the audio line is unpopulated.  If I select "line in" for the mixer, there is nothing to select for the audio line and an error message appears.  The TV tuner displays video, but there is no audio.  I have verified the audio output works by playing audio files.  Any thoughts on how to get MC to properly recognize the sound processor?  My sound processor is integrated with the motherboard, if that makes a difference.

AoXoMoXoA

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
Re:Cannot select audio input for TV Tuner
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 09:20:27 am »

Some TV cards require a physical connection (wire) from the TV tuner card to the sound card, if this is the case you must use an input to the soundcard (Audio In for example), then choose this in MC as the audio source.

Mine works without a wire, but I must go to my mixer and switch the AC97 input to monitor my Auxillary input and un-mute it.

. . . the game is rigged

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 09:40:14 am »

This is an odd situation that I have never heard of.

There seems to be a problem with your audio device driver. The first drop-down list should show your sound device whereas the second drop-down should show your lines (what your saw in your first list should have been in the second).

I would suggest updating your sound device driver.

But first take a look ar Device Manager. Under "Sound, Video and Game Controls" you should find an audio driver. My computer (a Sony VAIO) also has an integrated sound device. It has a "SiS 7012 Audio Driver" listed there.

Double-click the entry and choose Properties. Examine each item in the resulting window and make sure they are all enabled.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

kaltman

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2004, 12:07:41 pm »

Yeah, I can't figure it out.  My motherboard is a D925XCV from Intel and I've loaded the latest drivers for the integrated audio.  The input/output lines still appear under the mixer selection and nothing is listed for the separate lines of the sound device.  I wonder if Intel has their audio setup so that each channel appears as an individual audio device.  I'll try to get some info from them.  If you have any other thoughts, I'd like to hear them.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up