INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ripping with MC11  (Read 606 times)

sertua

• Recent member
ripping with MC11
« on: October 04, 2004, 08:03:41 pm »

I’ve used MC since MJ 7, mostly to manage my music.  Ripping and encoding has always been an important feature for me.  MC 10 brought some nice improvements; it would be nice if the following things were addressed in MC 11.
  • Once a ripped cd is out, the central pane becomes empty taking away all the great and detailed status info.  What about being able to keep track of what’s going on?
  • Along with the ripping progress bar of an individual track, having an overall progress bar for the whole process.
  • Individual album logs would be appreciated when ripping secure more than one album.
  • Since encoding takes more time than ripping for me, I would find useful the possibility to quit MC after ripping and have it pick up the encoding where it was when I get back to MC (Exact Audio Copy style).
  • I spend most of my time offline, and a batch look up of the cds I inserted while offline on Yadb would be useful.
  • MC should check again cdplayer.ini when a cd previously classified as unknown by MC is inserted.  I often find missing YaDB Latin/African/Asian/French music with another program on FreeDB, but MC doesn’t update its library accordingly.  I could then export this info to YaDB as well so others could benefit. (thanks Sauzee for your feedback on this).
  • Exportation to cdplayer.ini would also be a plus, so that other programs could use basic cd info.
Thank you for thinking about this.  Keep up the good work.

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
Re:ripping with MC11
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 02:10:53 am »

Also support for multiple sessions!! (for data and audio)
Pages: [1]   Go Up