INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visualization + Skin = Possible?  (Read 2128 times)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Visualization + Skin = Possible?
« on: October 06, 2004, 04:05:51 pm »

Would it be possible to create a skin that changes in some way with the current song playing?  The skin could change colors with the beat or even intensity of the song.  Maybe even the media library fonts could change color (that might be to psychotic).

Has anyone else thought about this?
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

pank2002

Re:Visualization + Skin = Possible?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 05:48:27 pm »

I think you'd find G Force and White Cap to be just what you're looking for. Check them out on soundspectrum.com. They're free though the paid version got some nice gimmicks.
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 08:24:06 pm »

Unless I am missing something with G-Force, I am reffering to the actual MC skin such as say Blue Steel being able to adjust itself to the conditions of the song and not the MC visualization window.  Basically take the background skin or outer edges of MC and somehow make them change the colors, textures.... with the song.

Dragyn

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2004, 08:44:39 pm »

mc can't even do maximized states let alone change colors..with music even. Yes, you can change a skins color but it's permanent (unless you change it again, of course).

I know it may not seem like a big deal, but the skin is the first thing a person notices about MC, then it's everything else. It doesn't matter how good MC can perform or what it can do...looks are mainly everything to the "normal" user.

Besides your idea of visualizations, I think it would be cool to use flash/animated gifs in the skin. May not be something you would want but at least it's a start.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2004, 09:17:09 pm »

Take the 'current file' pane at the top that says Media Center and have that background be a basic visualization.

What Im really looking for is somehting that allows some sort of visualization no matter where you are in the player.  It doesn't necessarily have to be the entire skin but something that is part of the player and not just a seperate window for it.

But the skining system would be to dififcult to interchange gif images on the fly wihtin the skin?

pank2002

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2004, 09:27:32 am »

Use splitview in MC11. You can have viz on all the time.
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2004, 04:33:04 pm »

I think it might be possible to do something like this in a mini-me skin, but not a mega-me skin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up