INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cd audio  (Read 1570 times)

valdek

• nothing more to say...
cd audio
« on: October 29, 2002, 06:14:38 pm »

Media Jukebox 8.0 does not recognise typical audio cd's. I've got a fully licensed version. After sliding in any CD with music on it, the program starts showing the message "Gathering information, please wait", then after a while a warning: Media Jukebox performed illegal operation and will be shut"  It's all over. Bye, bye. It happend many times. I re-installed it many times too. Doesn't help. I downloaded it again from the home side and re-installed again and again.
I didn't have this problem with the previous version 7.2. Obviously the recent one is still not working properly and a lot has to be done with it. Where can I find the previous Media Jukebox 7.2 to download? At least it was working properly.

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: cd audio
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2002, 06:31:54 pm »

Post your Help>Sys Info here.
What other audio related apps are installed?
Do u have latest MJ? Latest ASPI? Latest OS Service Packs?

My suggestions off the top of my head are the following:
1. Copy your *.rrg file to a VERY safe place AND run Help>Backup License
2. Uninstall MJ completely
3. Install latest Adaptec ASPI drivers
4. Reinstall MJ
5. Run Help>Restore license (or copy MediaJukebox.rrg file back to your MJ dir then Restore)
6. Pray to your favorite deity (just kidding)

My gut feeling is that it didn't install correctly over MJ 7.2  :(, but the 5 step plan outlined above should fix it.

Xenno

dave63

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2002, 07:27:27 pm »

Same problem here, very bad :(.

I'll go to the steps & see if that fixes it.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.388
Install Path: E:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: AMD Athlon 648 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 176 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.4718
wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2002, 07:39:28 pm »

FYI: W2k is up to SP3. XP is SP1. Adaptec ASPI is v7.1

(11/3/02 correction: ASPI version is 4.72)

I feel very old all of the sudden

dave63

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2002, 03:27:51 pm »

Uninstalled, Reinstalled.....I'm a happy rocker now! :)

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2002, 03:33:09 pm »

I don't know if this applies:
If you have Win98SE, internal ASPI should be UNchecked. Won't work. It still has to have wnaspi32.dll in the Windows\System32 directory. 
That's right.
I'm cool.

valdek

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2002, 06:46:31 pm »

Than you very much for your replies. Unfotunatley I am not a computer literate person to understand such jargon and all the symbols and abbreviations like ASPI, dll, and so on. It means nothing to me.
I just would like to listen to my music.
Fortunately I found and downloaded the previous version of Media Jukebox 7.0. And it works!
Thank you all anyway.

sekim

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2002, 12:53:01 am »

Than you very much for your replies. Unfotunatley I am not a computer literate person to understand such jargon and all the symbols and abbreviations like ASPI, dll, and so on. It means nothing to me.
I just would like to listen to my music.
Fortunately I found and downloaded the previous version of Media Jukebox 7.0. And it works!
Thank you all anyway.

From the MJ toolbar: Help > System Info... > Copy To Clipboard. Next, reply here in Interact and Right Click > Paste. This will put your system info on the boards to help determine what may be a problem.

Some of the suggestions are located in MJ under the Options. You can use external ASPI (guides programs for using your CD-ROM / CD-RW). This is a must have. However, the latest versions of MJ use an internal ASPI layer as an option. This is for users with Windows NT, 2000, and XP. No ASPI layers are included with these operating systems, I think.  Anyway, uncheck internal and try that.

As Charlemagne 8 mentioned, win98, SE, and most likely ME, do not like internal ASPI layers checked in the options.

Also, there is a link in the help section of this site, (top of screen), that points to a website (Adaptec) for the latest version of ASPI. It can be downloaded there. Most of the time you will not need this, but it doesn't hurt to have the most current version.

BTW, .dll = dynamic link library. Not really something you should have to worry about in day to day use of MJ.
Pages: [1]   Go Up