INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: aTagger Request - Track Names!  (Read 1546 times)

enigman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • thinking...
aTagger Request - Track Names!
« on: October 09, 2004, 02:13:34 pm »

Hey Alan -

Great work with the new version of aTagger.  One of my favorite tools going way back, and it will certainly remain so.

I just recently thought of a great new use for aTagger, which probably won't be too hard to implement: Track Naming.  YADB is definitely a little weak when it comes to what CDs are in the database - your datasource seems to be much more complete in that regard.  It would be great if there was some way for it to automatically name individual tracks, rather than simply updating information specific to the entire album.  As long as I have the artist and CD name correct, it could update  "Track 1, Track 2", etc.  into the actual track name.  That would be a really useful feature!

Thanks again for such a great tool!

--Tim

@l@n

• World Citizen
  • bla bla bla, bla bla bla bla
Re:aTagger Request - Track Names!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 01:43:09 pm »

I have always planned on processing song names as you described (in some future release of aTagger).

As far as I can tell, I only have one issue to overcome...  For my personal collection of MP3s, If an album is multi disc, I append (Disc n) to the album name and start numbering the tracks at 1 (for example, if an album was made up of 30 songs that spanned 3 CDs with 10 songs each, I would would have three track #1 .. #10) for each CD of the album.  Since my data source displays the track numbers as #1 .. #30, I havent been able to figure out an elegant way to handle the multi-disc album issues.  Clear as mud?

Any ideas?

Thanks...  Alan
Download the aLyrics plug-in at http://aLyrics.auldridge.biz

gbdesai

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
Re:aTagger Request - Track Names!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 11:09:15 pm »

@l@n,

You may not like this idea, but I conform to the approach used by AMG.  I don't specify [Disc 1], [Disc 2], etc. anymore (I do leave the file names with these designations if I want to recreate the albums.  So ultimately, a double-disc appears as a single album.

Gautam

Crayola Boy

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: aTagger Request - Track Names!
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 12:18:45 am »

I do something similar. I have a lot of live shows that I just number 1-28 or so insted of having (Disc x) in the album title. For regular albums, I have track numbers 101, 102, 201, 202, etc.

On a similar topic, the only thing I like about Itunes that MC doesn't handle well is a multi-disc option.
Pages: [1]   Go Up