INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To JRiver: New FAQ Sticky  (Read 1218 times)

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
To JRiver: New FAQ Sticky
« on: November 01, 2002, 09:01:30 am »

JimH & Co,

What do you think about having a sticky just underneath the lastest MJ build? The beauty of it is it would stay more up to date than your FAQ. In it could be solutions such as this one by Plas. It could just be a normal post that is a "second order" sticky. Since the King is the moderator, if he wanted, he could maintain it (or I could as one of my personal posts). Other folks could make suggestions for additions/deletions/corrections. Most people look here first (as you know) and disregard the FAQ. It could be a time saver for all.

Xenno

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: To JRiver: New FAQ Sticky
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2002, 09:04:19 am »

I agree we need to do something.  Let me think a few days.  I'm not sure whether a sticky thread or a new board or both would be best.  Any opinions from others?

RemyJ

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2002, 10:50:30 am »

How about both?  A new FAQ board plus a sticky at the top of the other boards with the title '>>>PROBLEMS? READ ME FIRST<<<' with links to the most FAQ's along with common troubleshooting steps and maybe a list of information required before a touble post (System Info, Sound Card, CD Model, etc.)

I think you could also enlist the help of the community to create and maintain FAQs that aren't already up on the web site.   I'd be glad to create and maintain one for the Media Server or general network connectivity, for instance.  
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

nila

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2002, 02:12:48 pm »

My suggestion - Create a FAQ board which everyone can post to and a sticky post at the top of this one that only the moderators can add.

They take questions and answers from that board and post them to the sticky thread.

That way it doesn't get overly bloated and impossible to follow but has all the info that people want answers to.

zevele10

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2002, 03:24:02 am »

On Nila side
Pages: [1]   Go Up