INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A clean "Classic" look. New old skin idea  (Read 1594 times)

JaredH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Superfluously Articulate
A clean "Classic" look. New old skin idea
« on: October 16, 2004, 04:41:18 am »

Here's a screen shot of something I was working on yesterday.

This took me about 6 hours total to do. It was fairly simple. I originally started about 2 months ago to do a tan colored classic skin, but the urge left so I abandoned the idea.

What I wanna know is if anyone would be interested in this. I personally dont have the time to actually make a bunch of custom colors. However, I am able to put together a short guide explaining how to manipulate the skin images to get the desired color. I can also explain the basic parts of the XML file that will need to be changed.

For those of you who are afraid of touching the skinning part, dont fret. This one is extremely simple to do. Its just a bit time consuming. Like I said, it took me 6 hours straight to do this. In comparison to most skins, thats peanuts.

For those who just absolutely do not want to touch it, I'll have more time in the next few months, so I could work on requests. For those who want to tackle it yourself, let me know and I'll throw together a little guide explaining it in a very simple manner. Also, for those already learned in the ways of MC skinning, you have my full permission to manipulate and use the images in the skin to make another classic skin, I dont really even care if you give me credit or not.

If you would like to try the skin in the screen shot go here:

http://www.bgracetfaith.net/misc/classicblue.zip

Just unzip to your MegaSkins folder in your Media Center directory.

Comments are welcome.

Just a tip. If you use this skin, it looks best when the windows scrollbar size is set to 13 and the caption buttons (close, min, max, res) are set to 19.

Also, the Media Mode icons are of my own design. I dont think I can legally distribute them since they use M$ system icons.  So to save time, dont ask. Not trying to be rude. Just trying to stay safe.

edit-
I forgot to mention something. The title bar image is sized to match my particular screen size so this may or may not work for everyone else. I will have to go back and see if I can rework it so that it can stretch the image and still keep the gradient colors looking smooth. In the meantime, check it out anyway and see what you think.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up