INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: burning CDs  (Read 1177 times)

nihondreamer

• Change this by choosing profile
burning CDs
« on: October 19, 2004, 08:18:26 am »

I've been recording some old LPs as wav files and burning them to CD.  When I record the LP I enter the tag info (artist, album, song, etc) and this info is maintained in MJ.  But when I record to CD this info is apparently not transfered to the CD.  The burned CD will only show Track01, Track02, etc.   How do I burn the track info onto the CD with the song?  Thanks!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re:burning CDs
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 06:02:19 am »

Do you keep them in wave format? Internal file tags are not supported with that format. What kind of CDs you are burning? Audio or data? Only the limited CD text format is supported with Audio CDs and not all CD burners can write that. What device or software does not show the information? Media Jukebox itself?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

nihondreamer

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 07:15:03 am »

I'm burning audio CDs.  My understanding is wav format (on pc) and cda format (audio CD) are the same thing.  If I open an original audio CD, Media Jukebox uses an internet service (forgot the name) to determine the Group, Album, and Track names.  So there must be some way that info is identified on the CD.  If I open an audio CD I burned, that info is not detected.  Media Jukebox only shows Track01, Track02...

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 07:17:14 am »

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 07:26:30 am »

Because you are recording your old LPs from an analog source, your recordings are absolutely unique. There cannot be any database for them. If you use those CDs only on computer you could use lossless Monkey's Audio format (.ape), which can contain information in the file tags and burn data CDs. Of cource you must write the information first (or copy from e.g. www.allmusic.com).

nihondreamer

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2004, 02:56:23 pm »

Thanks.  That makes sense and I was afraid that would be the case.  I've been making Data CDs also since I need mp3 versions anyway for jogging.
Pages: [1]   Go Up