INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capitalization Fixer?  (Read 2369 times)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Capitalization Fixer?
« on: October 21, 2004, 11:48:02 am »

Anybody know if there's some way you could write a plugin that could bridge MC with say, MS Word, to take advantage of Word's capitalization/autocorrect functionality?

For instance, when I download lyrics using KingSparta's plugin, they always have every first letter of every word capitalized. I can understand why he chose to do that, given the sheer number of lyrics on his site, but even so, it's not preferable to me.

I then use the Clean File Properties tool to capitalize only the first word of every line, and then use Find and Replace to replace things like " i " with " I ", " i'm " with " I'm ", etc. to hopefully get at least some things recapitalized the way they should.

But I was thinking... MS Word has some really extensive autocorrect features that know a lot of proper names and other words that should be capitalized (God, Buddha, Santa Claus, etc.) so it would be really sweet if a plugin could be written to grab the text out of an MC field, send it to Word to have it all spellchecked and capitalized correctly, and then resaved that info back into MC. Anybody know if this could be done?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re:Capitalization Fixer?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 12:03:02 pm »

There is a way sort of

For instance, when I download lyrics using KingSparta's plugin, they always have every first letter of every word capitalized. I can understand why he chose to do that, given the sheer number of lyrics on his site, but even so, it's not preferable to me.

LOL

But A Plug-in could be made, with user Rules.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 11:46:31 am »

But A Plug-in could be made, with user Rules.

Could be??   :D
. . . the game is rigged

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 06:03:45 pm »

I'd love a plugin that would do this!
Pages: [1]   Go Up