INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I associate DVDs?  (Read 1082 times)

edbro

• Citizen of the Universe
How do I associate DVDs?
« on: October 22, 2004, 08:00:28 pm »

How do I set Win XP to associate DVDs with MC? Currently the autorun brings up a dialog asking if I want to play the DVD in Windows Media Player. I looked at the Autorun options when I right click on the drive but it doesn't show an option for changing the file association to another program.

bebop

Re:How do I associate DVDs?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 04:17:30 pm »

edbro, what version are you running?  I currently have 11 's latest and there is an option under tools to associate DVD's and the option to always play them, ignore them etc.  I believe there is the same type of thing for version 10 (tools>options>devices).  Bet

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 04:20:11 pm »

edbro, what version are you running?  I currently have 11 's latest and there is an option under tools to associate DVD's and the option to always play them, ignore them etc.  I believe there is the same type of thing for version 10 (tools>options>devices).  Bet
This is only in version 11, and I'm not sure whether it works correctly yet.

edbro

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 04:56:22 pm »

I am using ver 11.0.108. Under tools - Options - Devices, I have DVD set to Action: Play.  Is this what you are referring to? With this set, each time I insert a DVD my autorun window pops up with the only options being:
- Play DVD using Windows Media Player
- Open folder to view files
- Take no action

I would like to replace Win MediaPlayer as the default player or, ideally, have MC pop up automatically as the default action each time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up