INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.109 Alpha Available  (Read 6272 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.109 Alpha Available
« on: October 25, 2004, 05:22:32 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  When upgrading from MC 10, you will lose your view schemes.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110109.exe  [see price link above]

Recent Changes

11.0.109 (10/25/04)

1. Fixed: Smartlists wouldn't rerun when doing an F5 update. (would have to leave and return to view)
2. Fixed: Searching Media Library would update the list control with the last search, not the current search.
3. Fixed: Tree wouldn't properly update when switching Media Modes.
4. NEW: Added 'Disc #' field for more elegant handling of multi-disc sets.
5. Changed: Switched to new WM 10 standard for storing ratings in file tags.
6. Changed: Improved and expanded the "File Type Info" tag dump for WMA files.
7. Changed: WMA tagging uses "JR/" instead of "MediaJukebox:" as a prefix for custom fields.
8. Changed: Default sorting includes 'Disc #' before 'Track #' so that multi-disc sets sort properly.
9. Fixed: When importing a playlist, MC would report that it "found new files" for the file inside the playlist, even if those files were already in the library.
10. Fixed: Playlists that referenced other playlists wouldn't work properly.
11. Fixed: Some areas wouldn't accept external file drops properly.
12. Fixed: Smartlists with a random sorting keyword were still being sorted according to the view settings.
13. Fixed: When switching to Playing Now, the current file could be scrolled out of view.
14. Changed: Theater View would add all visible files when viewing files and picking "Add" on a single file.
15. Changed: Clicking a non-selected item in Theater View now selects the item, then shows the menu.
16. Fixed: Media Server was not reading file names properly.
17. Changed: Expanding Drives & Devices tree item will be faster on some systems.

11.0.108 (10/22/04)

1. Fixed: Right-click / send-to in the panes wasn't working properly.
2. Changed: "All" items in disk location schemes wouldn't work properly in the tree.
3. Fixed: Action Window > Build New Playlist could crash.
4. Changed: Show / hide files in subfolders option is honored for queued CD files as well as files already on the CD.
5. Fixed: Adding a folder to burn wouldn't start in-place editing of the new folder's name.
6. Fixed: After cancelling a burn, but leaving the queue, the queued files would still show in the CD's view. (now only show once a burn is restarted)
7. Fixed: Switching to library browser with a skin that didn't support it could cause a crash.
8. NEW: MC TV can record HDTV program in MPEG2 format from ATI HDTV Wonder TV card.
9. NEW: Added visual view header to playlist and CD views.
10. Fixed: Fixed rare erroneous CRC failure when decoding 3.95 and earlier APE files.

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD playback support
  • Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
  • Support for ATI HDTV card
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

drgreenlove

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re:Media Center 11.0.109 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 05:38:26 pm »

If I import a playlist from Winamp (M3U), it does not import correctly.    The files show up but "aren't found"

The Winamp imported playlist say:
#EXTINF:317,Zero 7 - Give It Away
for example before the File paths.

I notice M3u playlists made in media center do not have this string, just all of the files and their path

Any way around it?

Herakles

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 05:52:04 pm »

Seeking bug: If i bring the slider all the way back to the beginning the song is instead played further ahead.

ocenter

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 06:08:25 pm »

I get a "this handheld is not valid" error when trying to send a playlist to ipod. It's been having the same error the past 2 versions.
Just wanted to say great software ;D

edbro

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 06:11:36 pm »

The import process still adds the playlists with each import (over and over again). But, it no longer reports new files at the end of this process.  

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2004, 07:22:31 pm »

I know you guys have changed the controlling of the split views to whichever pane is active. But is it possible to make an option to lock the split views while still allowing the option to change whichever view is active. I know many people like the click focusing, but It would also be nice to be able to lock the view as well.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2004, 07:52:46 pm »

14. Changed: Theater View would add all visible files when viewing files and picking "Add" on a single file.
15. Changed: Clicking a non-selected item in Theater View now selects the item, then shows the menu.
16. Fixed: Media Server was not reading file names properly.

Awesome!! Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2004, 08:49:57 pm »

When I insert a CD to rip, and the CD cannot be found in YADB, it hangs on the "Accessing YADB" window, even if I click Cancel. Also, when it's done ripping, and it looks for cover art, it hangs there as well, even if you click Cancel.

crow

EDIT: Upon further review, it seems MC is not connecting to the Internet at all. If I click the Start page, I just get "Please wait. Loading Page...." I have to disable my firewall to let it through. In past versions of MC, the firewall would pop up and tell me that MC was trying to access the internet, and I could tell it to let MC through. Now I'm not getting the message. The firewall hasn't changed, and as a matter of fact, it popped up a few minutes before for another program.
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989

DaleC21

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2004, 08:55:27 pm »

>>17. Changed: Expanding Drives & Devices tree item will be faster on some systems.

big improvement, mostly instaneous now

thanks
..Dale
..Dale

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2004, 09:01:40 pm »

Options --> Tree and View --> Tree --> Auto Collapse option is not working.  If you disable it, the tree still auto-collapses.

Unfortunately, this makes it difficult to Tag files by dragging and dropping into the Tree view (which I find extremely useful).  If you want to drag the same files to the same place again and again (I use this for Keywords a lot) it keeps collapsing on you every time.

This option isn't mentioned in the Changes list (maybe it was added a lot earlier and I didn't notice), is this option something new?

EDIT: Upon further review, it seems MC is not connecting to the Internet at all. If I click the Start page, I just get "Please wait. Loading Page...." I have to disable my firewall to let it through. In past versions of MC, the firewall would pop up and tell me that MC was trying to access the internet, and I could tell it to let MC through. Now I'm not getting the message. The firewall hasn't changed, and as a matter of fact, it popped up a few minutes before for another program.

MC is connecting to the internet just fine for me.  Perhaps a problem with your firewall?  Did someone possibly click the "always deny" button in the Firewall when the MC access dialog came up?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2004, 09:22:40 pm »

it seems MC is not connecting to the Internet at all. If I click the Start page, I just get "Please wait. Loading Page...." I have to disable my firewall to let it through. In past versions of MC, the firewall would pop up and tell me that MC was trying to access the internet, and I could tell it to let MC through. Now I'm not getting the message. The firewall hasn't changed, and as a matter of fact, it popped up a few minutes before for another program.
Could be a firewall problem.  Maybe with XP SP2?  Please start a new thread.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2004, 11:42:28 pm »

10. Fixed: Playlists that referenced other playlists wouldn't work properly.

12. Fixed: Smartlists with a random sorting keyword were still being sorted according to the view settings.

Both are fine again. Thanks!

By the way, I like the 'header' in playlists.

Also, this build seems to load/run smoother than any other 11.x I have run.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2004, 12:06:46 am »

- Can there be a more visible way to see which view is active when using split screens ?
Sometimes it's hard too see which one is active, when then navigating via the tree, the wrong screen gets updated.

- When using split screens, the search will search in both screens.
Can it be configured so that it only searches in the active screen ?

- Has development on the new "Library Browser" been stopped ?
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2004, 12:33:38 am »

9. NEW: Added visual view header to playlist and CD views.

One of the better additions from the last couple of weeks
 :) :) :) :)
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2004, 07:33:43 am »

where does the cover have to be saved so that it will also get importet when importing music files. what does the covers filename hae to be? atm i have it like this and it isnt working:

e:\mp3\100%rock\
e:\mp3\100%rock\cd1
e:\mp3\100%rock\cd2
e:\mp3\100%rock\cover\front.jpg
e:\mp3\100%rock\cover\back.jpg
e:\mp3\100%rock\cover\cd1.jpg
e:\mp3\100%rock\cover\cd2.jpg
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

LonWar

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2004, 07:50:43 am »

I believe it has to be:

Metallica-Ride the Lightning

It has to be named  Artist-Album
-

IanG

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2004, 08:39:09 am »

I had a similar problem with IE and my firewall (Kerio).  The f/w rules had changed such that IE was being blocked without prompting.  Needless to say, it wasn't something I'd done deliberately.

Ian G.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2004, 08:48:46 am »

where does the cover have to be saved so that it will also get importet when importing music files. what does the covers filename hae to be? atm i have it like this and it isnt working:
You can store the art in the same folder with the audio files.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2004, 08:55:18 am »

somewhat more exactly please
as yours looks folder structure?

I believe it has to be:

Metallica-Ride the Lightning

It has to be named  Artist-Album
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2004, 08:56:16 am »

Whenever I start MC I get an error message that says:

"Failed to create CD writer control (cdwriter.ocx)"

The same thing happens when I go to options and select the CD Writer section.

I was gone for a week so I dont know if this is something that presented itself in the builds between 105 and 109. Everything worked fine for me in 105, this just showed up when I installed 109.

-edit-
I forgot to mention that the system info below is actually incorrect. It says "no burners found" when in reality I have a 16xCD-RW/4xDVD+RW combo drive installed.
-edit-

Media Center Registered 11.0.109 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 1694 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 335 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: HL-DT-STDVD+RW GCA-4040N  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2004, 09:09:34 am »

- Has development on the new "Library Browser" been stopped ?

No, look for new stuff soon.

j

edbro

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2004, 09:46:48 am »

somewhat more exactly please
as yours looks folder structure?

I believe your images have to be in:
e:\mp3\100%rock\cd1 and
e:\mp3\100%rock\cd2

That is where your audio files are.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2004, 09:51:54 am »

is it correct that the covers get importet when they are in:

albumname\cd1
albumname\cd1\folder.jpg
albumname\cd2\folder.jpg

or

albumname\
albumname\folder.jpg

it possible to put them into C:\Programme\J River\Media Center 11\Data\Cover Art\ with theses filenames:
sampler  "(Multiple Artists) - 50 Anni Di Rock Vol 2.jpg"
alben "interpret - albumname.jpg"

mabey it could "scan" the "cover" directory, within every album, for image files.
but the imge filename should not be bound to cover.jpg, as an example, it should take every image tehre is, no matter what filename

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2004, 01:36:16 pm »

When ripping CD's.
If I put a CD in I see the CD information, Artist, Album, Name etc.
Occasionaly I get an unable to connect to YADB and then the cd track information changes to unknown artist etc.
I then have to right click and update from database to get the information back.
I have two CD drives and ripping from both. If I only use the one drive I haven't seen the   problem so it may be getting confused ripping from one drive while cataloging the second drive.

Simple

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2004, 02:40:03 pm »

...Also, this build seems to load/run smoother than any other 11.x I have run.

This build is faster than everything before. There are worlds (or lightyears) between! Just great.

jimbo_boy

• Recent member
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2004, 04:06:37 pm »

I get a "this handheld is not valid" error when trying to send a playlist to ipod. It's been having the same error the past 2 versions.
Just wanted to say great software ;D

I get this aswell.  It syncronises a few playlists/smartlists then the error appears.  I rebuild the database but no changes.  Wasnt keen on initialising the ipod incase i cannot get the playlists back on.

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2004, 04:21:31 pm »

When I insert a CD to rip, and the CD cannot be found in YADB, it hangs on the "Accessing YADB" window, even if I click Cancel. Also, when it's done ripping, and it looks for cover art, it hangs there as well, even if you click Cancel.

crow

OK, ignore me. I had all sorts of things wrong with my PC. All is well now.

Thanks,
crow
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989
Pages: [1]   Go Up