INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: view trouble... sorting alpabetically??  (Read 736 times)

chrisssssl

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
view trouble... sorting alpabetically??
« on: October 28, 2004, 06:00:50 pm »

hello everyone

v10 media center... ive been playing with the different views... and am having some trouble sorting it the way i want.

this is for the audio navigation window, but i suppose it would apply to all.

on  the right side of the screen... the window is divided into 2 areas.... the top being "view scheme" album artist (auto) / album.  the bottom being thumbnails of the album.  on the top scheme, i added a custom veiw.  i wanted to see track and song information.  so i right clicked to edit the sceme, and added the "name" and "track #" fields.  this added to the overall sceme list as i would expect.

the problem is... it sorts first alphabetically by artist, them by album, and then by name and finally by track.  the track # sort numerically and does not correlate to the song name field.  meaning... if the track # is 1-10 is listed numerically, the name field still sorts alpahbetically.  

this is opposite from the bottom half.... when you use it to sort the entire music library (edit view/ list style/ automatic), you can select which colums to sort by..... thus having the track "line up" with the song name.  i instead what to use this area for list style/ album thumbnails.... and do the text sorting in the upper area of this side of the window.  but then... the colum sorting is/seems mutually exclusive of one another.

i hope someone can first make sense of what im trying to say... and finally explain to me how to achieve what i want!  thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up