INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mp3 to cdaudio  (Read 1580 times)

JJ

• nothing more to say...
mp3 to cdaudio
« on: October 29, 2002, 09:54:02 pm »

"Hi"... New to MJ and considering purchase but, having a problem burning a cd disk that will play in the car cd player.  Using "gold" and cd burns ok AND plays on the computer and home stero system cd's but no-go on any of car cd's.  Can anyone suggest how to fix problem or... maybe MJ can't curn a cd that will play in a automotive type cd player???  No sense buyin' if MJ won't do what I want it to do!   ::)

JJ
JJ

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: mp3 to cdaudio
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2002, 11:09:03 pm »

Try recording at a lower speed.  My CD player in my car will only play certain CDRs if they were recorded at 1x speed.  The annoying thing is it will play the newer CDRs that will not play on my home stereo...Technology...it's a wonderful thing!

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

JJ

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2002, 02:14:53 pm »

Adam,

Thanks for the reply and suggestion.  Had high hopes but.... burned another CD at 1X and though it plays ok on the home system and computer, no-go on the car cd player.  Just to make sure, tried it in 2 other vehicle cd players.  Showed "error 6" (whatever that means) on one and "ejected" the disk on the other.  Aghhhhh...
Looks like I need to find another program.  Thanks again... best to you and your's.

JJ
JJ

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2002, 02:18:22 pm »

It may not be the program.  It could be the type of CD.  Color can make a difference.

But try switching to or from "use generic" for the CD burner in MJ settings.  Worth a try.

DeathRider

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2002, 04:03:03 pm »

I cant remember the site but what I read said that when burning cd's you will have to experiment with different brands and grades, the best and most expensive are not always the ones that work. I personaly found that the baseline PNY cd's and midlevel Sony cd's work best for me. Buy a five pack of each and give it a try, My in dash MP3 player would not work with memorex and maxwell.
Robert Long

JJ

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2002, 06:02:37 pm »

Jim,

Thanks for suggestion.  Just tried it both ways with new disks.   Using "generic" didn't work at all.  Wouldn't even play on home system.    I could try some different disks but... well, it was worth the try.  MJ seems like a really nice program.  Problem might be on my end and not program but... if it don't work... well, time to move on.

Thanks anyway... I'll keep looking.

Best to you and all.

JJ
JJ

DeathRider

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2002, 01:27:56 pm »

I E-Mailed John this link and thought I would post it here as well so others with similar issues can get a better idea about cdr's and cdrw's and players. the link is a FAQ page I was told about 1 or 2 years ago here in the MJ forum by someone (forgot who). for those that are starting out it is a good place to start.

http://www.cdrfaq.org/faq07.html
Robert Long
Pages: [1]   Go Up