INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony camera not synchronising photos  (Read 2078 times)

rudeboymcc

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Sony camera not synchronising photos
« on: October 31, 2004, 10:19:31 am »

Hi.

I have a Sony P-12 which doesn't need any extrea drivers and when i connect it it comes up in Media Centre as f:/ so it's found as a device.

all i want to be able to do is copy the files from the camera to the pc that i haven't already got (i sometimes copy files to the pc and leave them on the camera).

when i connect the camera all the photos are listed. i right click it and click synchronise. then i deselect all the playlists (becuase i don't want any music to go to the camera), and check "synch data to MC".

I press ok and everything seems to work, btu when i look for the new photos which were meant to be copied over they're not there.

has anyone else managed to do this?

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Sony camera not synchronising photos
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 10:04:46 am »

rudeboymcc,

When you connect your camera, the Action Window should give you a choice to access it as a camera or as a portable device. Are you selecting camera? Your comments appear as if you are not. Please try clicking on camera if you have not.

Steve

rudeboymcc

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 12:50:38 pm »

yep i'm pressing camera. and it finds all the photos on it and lists them in the right window. are there any plug-ins or drivers i need to install? i'm using the default xp drivers for it at the moment.

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 01:34:04 pm »

Is MC 11 an option? In MC 11 once you select that your device is a camera you click one button ('Acquire Images') and you are done.

In MC 10 try right clicking on the files on the camera and select 'Download to PC'. The sync is only directional from MC to Portable devices.

Steve

IanG

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 05:46:33 pm »

Is MC 11 an option? In MC 11 once you select that your device is a camera you click one button ('Acquire Images') and you are done.

In MC 10 try right clicking on the files on the camera and select 'Download to PC'. The sync is only directional from MC to Portable devices.

Steve

The problem is that if you Acquire Images twice, you get duplicates.  I do exactly the same as rudeboymcc - upload pictures, don't delete them in the camera, take some more pictures and then want to upload just the new ones.  The situation's not helped by MC not displaying thumbnails from a camera or a card reader.  The ability to synch the upload would be nice!

Ian G.

rudeboymcc

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 08:10:28 am »

in MC 11 i heard about the function that lets you select any directory to synch with. will this work with the camera if you set the camera's images directory as a synch directory?

SteveG

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004, 09:23:43 am »

Ian and rudeboymcc,

The sync feature will not currently help this because it syncs files from MC to the device. I will table the idea here about making this bidirectional.

Steve

IanG

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004, 11:50:12 am »

Steve

I think bidirectional synching will become increasingly useful - as well as being nice to have with cameras, there are a lot of handhelds now that can be transfer files between themselves.  And of course people have always got the ability to plug into their friends' PCs!

Ian G.
Pages: [1]   Go Up