INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping problem  (Read 1209 times)

Soennes

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Ripping problem
« on: October 31, 2002, 04:51:42 am »

Time after time I`ve had problems by using this program. Example; After I started up the MediaJukebox, and put in a cd in the CD-ROM, I chose the tracks for ripping. In next step the program tried to connect me to the server (internet) without my wish. I clicked on the "cancel"-botton.....This time I were lucky, I could continue to choose which tracks I wanted to rip or play. I chose the tracks that I wanted to rip. So far so good, but as soon as I clicked on the "rip cd"-button, the program failed with following message; "you have done an unlegal oparation, the program will be closed".

Since I`ve had this problem over and over again, I desided to formate disc C, and reinstall Windows 98 SE up again. I did! After that I connected to internet, downloaded MediaJukebox, and this time I paid for the plus version (about 25 dollars) At this moment MediaJukebox was the only program installed separatly on my computer, since everything else very deleted by formatting. The entire contents on my computer were Windows, musicfiles on disc "D" and MediaJukebox. But now I`ve got the problem back again already, even though I`ve reinstalled both Windows and MediaJukebox.   Who can tell me what is wrong?  Isn`t MediaJukebox compatible to my disc or something? Must I use Musicmach Jukebox instead? They give me at least very good support. I hoped I could get the same support from Musicex, so this problems could be solved, but no directly support is available. I hope someone can help....

Yours faithfully
Peter A. (from Norway)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MediaJukebox-trouble !
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2002, 05:07:54 am »

This is the right place for JRiver / MJ support.

Try turning off CDDB lookup under "Device Settings" if you don't want it to connect to the Internet.

There is a FAQ here for Ripping.  Also there is Help in the program.  Have you tried those?

nique72

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Ripping problem
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2002, 05:39:56 am »

This problem has been mentioned many times on this board and there's always the same answers. Update drivers etc... It doesn't work!

I have a feeling that Win98SE is the problem. Is there
somebody out there using Win98SE and got MJ8 working properly? (for at least 30 minutes!)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2002, 05:56:11 am »

This problem has been mentioned many times on this board and there's always the same answers. Update drivers etc... It doesn't work!

I have a feeling that Win98SE is the problem. Is there
somebody out there using Win98SE and got MJ8 working properly? (for at least 30 minutes!)

There are quite a few variables other than MJ here.  Win98 vs Win98SE, for example.  Version of a lot of dll's in the OS.  ASPI version.  CD drive model and drivers.  Other software installed doing "special" things.

There is a FAQ here.  Have you tried it?

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2002, 11:16:38 am »

>>I have a feeling that Win98SE is the problem.

You wouldn't be off base with that statement.
W2k (especially) and XP work extremely well with MJ.

I have no experience with using MJ under Win9x.
So the "Update drivers etc... " and anything else related still applies (regardless of OS).

The other thing that might be happening is some bad interaction between MJ and other MM apps. Apps that (in my experience) co-exist fine with MJ are Adaptec/Roxio ECDC & DCD, WMP v7.1 and lower, EAC and RealPlayer v8.

Xenno
Pages: [1]   Go Up