INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: marking files as played  (Read 1245 times)

ada_wizard

• Change this by choosing profile
marking files as played
« on: November 04, 2004, 05:04:24 am »

I've just purchased a Creative Nomad MuVo2 MP3 player. It has 4 Gb storage, not enough for all my music. I'm just downloading a week's worth of music. I have Media Center 10; the Nomad appears as a removable drive.

In MC, I have a smart playlist set up that is the 90 _least_ recently played songs. That way, I hear all my music eventually.

I can download that list to the Nomad. However, the "Last Played" field for the downloaded songs are _not_ updated in MC, so the next time I select that list, it is the same songs.

MC won't let me edit the "Last Played" field.

1) Is there some way to set the "Last Played" field, without actually playing the songs in MC?

2) Can I add that option to the "download to handheld" options box? I write code for a living; I just need information on where to start.

3) Could I write a plugin that would do this?

Thanks,

-- Stephe

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:marking files as played
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 10:23:51 am »

Stephe,

The functionality you are after is already built in for players that update Last Played data. For example, iPod updates last played internally when a song is played and MC syncs that data back to MC.  The problem with MuVo is that it does not present me with that data.

You could try creating a custom field and manually change this field so that files are shuffled the way you would like.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up