INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11 quick swap zones?  (Read 715 times)

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
MC11 quick swap zones?
« on: November 07, 2004, 11:33:17 am »

I'm new to MC so bear with me if this is a FAQ.

How about having a way to quickly switch between zones?  I'd like to have about four of them and by using several USB sound cards (with added USB bus cards) it looks like I can do it.

What I'd like, however, is an easy way for someone using the 'Standard View' to jump from one to another without using just the cryptic Ctrl-T sequence.  That and it would be sort of nice to have a BIGGER indicator of what Zone you're currently seeing.

Perhaps some sort of Drop-down menu like the one used for the Search function (on the far top right of the std view).  Or perhaps a button function that could be added to the top or bottom Toolbars.  Just something that would make it easier for a novice (as in the wife) to jump between controlling the playlist for the different zones.

It would likewise be nice to have some sort of indicator on the TheatreView what zone is being seen.

I'm psyched at the rich feature set MC11 offers.  If a few little details can be worked out then I'm sold on it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:MC11 quick swap zones?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004, 02:10:06 pm »

In the FAQ near the top of this board, there are some links to Mastiff's work on multi-zone.  That might be a good place to start.

Also, the command line interface is documented here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/devzone.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up