INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing playlists  (Read 782 times)

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
Importing playlists
« on: November 05, 2004, 11:30:07 am »

Hi.
I've got a bunch of m3u playlists, created in Winamp. All the tracks/files are imported to MC, though.  Now I wonder, if it is possible to make these playlists available in MC, as I only find a playlist export, not an import, function.  I'd rather not creating playlists of 1600 albums again . . . .

Tia,
Ole K

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
Re:Importing playlists
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 03:59:47 am »

Thanks a lot. The import worked perfectly this way. Still, when clicking a playlist icon under Playlists/Imported, nothing happens. Any further ideas?

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Importing playlists
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 07:11:12 am »

Since we're talking playlists, I did import a bunch. What I want to do under Playlists is create an Albums Playlist Group and underneath that create Playlist Groups for each artist. Then move the imported playlists under the appropriate artist. Part of the reason of doing this is to handle the duplicate files because of Greatest Hits albums and such. So if I want the original album, I'll have a playlist for it that could be referencing a few different albums.

Works great, except I found that I couldn't alphabetize the artist playlist groups under the Albums playlist group. Any chance this is fixed in 11 or possibly even a better way to do this?
Jeff
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up