INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.146 1/2 Available  (Read 1644 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.146 1/2 Available
« on: December 09, 2004, 12:08:52 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110147.exe [see price link above]

Recent Changes

11.0.147 (12/09/04)

1. Fixed: Deleting queued files from a burn list could be overly slow in some cases.
2. Fixed: Green arrow type buttons in Options wouldn't always work.
3. Fixed: 'Optimize volume' startup option was not being honored.
4. Fixed: In some cases, the installer could change the skin with each load.

11.0.146 (12/08/04)

1. Fixed: Thumbnail views that contained files that MC couldn't thumbnail could cause a hang. (most common with videos)
2. Fixed: When MC showed a local webpage (on Start w/o Internet connection, etc.), it would do it in a separate window instead of inside the program.
3. Fixed: Certain Portable Devices stopped appearing in the tree. They should now be seen.
4. Fixed: WMDM progress appeared multiple times in task manager.
5. Fixed: Filenames that exceeded the shell's limit for filename length could cause crashes in MC.
6. Changed: MC no longer imports files with filenames that exceed the shell's limit. (since system functions won't always work on them)
7. Changed: Added "failed to import" reporting to import summary dialog. (also in Log file)
8. Fixed: When using MC in fullscreen mode on one monitor with standard view on another monitor, the mouse cursor would not always be visible in standard view.
9. NEW: Many HDTV playback enhancements -- YUV mixing, VMR9, choosing audio renderer, etc.
10. Fixed: With split views enabled and 'Start' as one of the visible pages, the search bar wouldn't work as expected.
11. Fixed: Statusbar, file properties window, and other pieces would not always update properly when switching the active view in Split View mode.
12. Fixed: Switching the active split view could cause extra updating in some cases, making the view lose its position.
13. Changed: Action Window playlist style pages no longer honor the global search.
14. Fixed: Typing in the search control while viewing a playlist style Action Window page could cause the search box to not function properly.
15. Fixed: Alt+[key] menu shortcuts were not working properly.
16. Fixed: My Computer right-click "Import..." was not working properly.

11.0.140 (12/01/04)

1. Fixed: WMDM Progress will no longer show in Task Manager.
2. Fixed: Maximize / restore on W2K could cause Media Center to not resize web page views properly in some cases.
3. Changed: Gridlines extend to right of items in a list.
4. NEW: List control headers support skin specified heights. (Skin: List > Headerbar > Height)
5. NEW: List control header sort arrow count is skin customizable.  (Skin: List > Headerbar > SortArrows)
6. Fixed: Conversion didn't scroll to follow the currently processing file, so knowing overall progress was tricky.
7. Changed: Conversion columns were too wide, so list would show horizontal scrollbar when converting many files.
8. Fixed: Toolbar art for customized toolbars could be incorrect. (due to art system changes, custom toolbars will have to be rebuilt)
9. Changed: "Update Library (from tags)" no longer asks for confirmation to apply the updated information to the database after the update has finished.
10. Fixed: Library Browser sorting (specified in the drop-down next to the tabs) was not always working properly.
11. Changed: Skinning engine supports different art for enabled and disabled splitters.
12. Changed: Time elapsed fields like "Date Imported" or "Last Played" get displayed nicer in a smartlist, and can be edited with a wizard.
13. Changed: Skinning engine supports graphical list selection image. (Skin: List > Selection)

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD playback support
  • Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
  • Support for ATI HDTV card

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 11.0.147 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 12:29:35 pm »

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110147.exe [see price link above]

Recent Changes

11.0.147 (12/09/04)

1. Fixed: Deleting queued files from a burn list could be overly slow in some cases.
2. Fixed: Green arrow type buttons in Options wouldn't always work.
4. Fixed: In some cases, the installer could change the skin with each load.

Just downloaded and installed build 11.0.147. After install it says it is build 11.0.146!!
A day without laughing is a day without living

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 11.0.147 Alpha Available
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 12:39:13 pm »

After install it says it is build 11.0.146!!
We're going with 146 1/2 for now. 

Conflicted in Minnesota

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 11.0.146 1/2 Available
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 12:44:44 pm »

i don't think the MS Visual C Compiler will allow for "1\2"
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

UnknownID

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 01:03:20 pm »

"Always on top" has stopped functioning for Mini mode. I noticed it in build 146.

wizbang

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 02:26:21 pm »

Hi,

I've been having problems playing certain files on my iPod (the iPod seems to just ignore them) and have narrowed the problem down to the following post on the HydrogenAudio forum:

Anyways, here are some examples of characters that don't work in ipod filenames:

ç, ä, ö, å

Those are the only ones I've tested. I would suspect that the danish characters æ and ø don't work either...

The full text and some suggestions on how to fix it can be found at:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t19156-200.html

Is it possible to include the same fix into MC?

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 03:15:58 pm »

Works properly again.
Thanks

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Library Settings- Quality Incomplete?
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 03:20:13 pm »

Under Options-Library-Library Settings
I choose Convert audio files.
MP3 Encoder VBR
Quality: Custom

There is no way I see to enter the custom string.

Also, once I close by clicking 'Ok', when I go back to Options, Convert audio files is unchecked.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2004, 03:23:39 pm »

I'll take a look at the library settings stuff. Thanks -- j

evanr76

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Library Settings- Quality Incomplete?
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2004, 04:19:49 pm »

Also, once I close by clicking 'Ok', when I go back to Options, Convert audio files is unchecked.

Having the same issue here; convert audio files does not stay checked and conversion does not happen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up