INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shared library question  (Read 658 times)

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Shared library question
« on: November 10, 2004, 07:12:27 pm »

Hi. I'm running XP Pro with fast user switching enabled. I share a pc with with my wife and we've each configured MC11 to point to a single "master" library so we can both administer and make changes to our every growing music collection.

What I've noticed though with this shared library setup is that if my wife is logged on and leaves MC running, when I user switch to my account and start MC, I loose all my view settings. If I attempt to make changes to my view nothing happens. Only when I close both MC sessions and restart mine do things go back to normal.

I thought this issue might have had something to do with the MS "opLocks" and library corruption issue discussed here a few days ago but disabling this in the registry has not fixed this problem.

Is this issue something anyone else has experienced? Is MC just not designed to cater for multiple users sharing a single library?

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Shared library question
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2004, 02:41:54 pm »

MC is not a multi-user database.  It is designed to be accessed by a single user at a time.  That is why they have the Library Server, so that multiple users can access it over the network, but only the main one will be writing changes to the database.

Someone else may chime in about using multiple zones to play 2 different songs in 2 different rooms.
Pages: [1]   Go Up