INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Server Options  (Read 1253 times)

hackster84

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Media Server Options
« on: November 03, 2004, 04:06:15 pm »

I am trying to configure Media Server and I was wondering what options are included with it.  The documentation associated with this particular part of the program is not too extensive, so I'm here to ask  :).  
To the point:
  I have a pretty nice desktop system running an out of date operating system (by personal preference) and a pretty old/slow/whatever you want to call it laptop running Windows XP Pro which I would like to stream my data to.  I have already successfully setup the Media Server to share my library and have tested its effectiveness from several locations (all of which have decent internet connection speeds).  My desktop system has a TV tuner (which I'm having problems with, but have already posted a question to in another forum) and I was wondering if I could use the Media Server to stream input from the TV tuner to the laptop?  In other words, I'm wondering if I can watch/control the TV from some random location using this program.  

Another question:  Can I choose specific portions of my library to share (like I want to share files in one directory but not in another) or do I have to create separate libraries for each of the  categories (want shared and don't want shared, plus whatever else I come up with) and just share that library?  Also, if I do have to create more libraries, is there any way using MC 10.0.173 to merge the libraries so I can take advantage of the whole MC concept of having everything in one place?  

Thanks for your time

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Media Server Options
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 04:42:01 pm »

You probably need to have different libraries if you want to share only some files.

TV can't be streamed (at this time).

Your best bet may be to try a search here for more information.  There is an entry in the FAQ near the top of this board, but it's a little out of date.

hackster84

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 01:57:54 am »

are you planning on adding a TV streaming feature sometime in the near future?  or ever?  

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2004, 07:49:49 am »

are you planning on adding a TV streaming feature sometime in the near future?  or ever?  
Not soon, but it's something I'd like to do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up