INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Things I wish you'd fix in a future version  (Read 866 times)

Lachlan87

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Things I wish you'd fix in a future version
« on: November 14, 2004, 07:43:38 pm »

I’ve noticed several problems with MJ. . . I don’t know if you plan on making an updated version of MJ, but if you do, I really hope you can fix these problems:

The most troubling one is that sometimes all my playlists will empty. I haven’t been able to determine what causes this because it has only happened to me twice. I’ll post my system information at the end of this post. If you’ve never heard of this problem before, I can back up my playlists, and see if I can recreate the problem somehow.

I’ve also noticed that sometimes when I have MJ running in the background playing music, and I do a lot of fast user switching, XP will sort of freeze in between desktops, leaving me staring at a black screen. I can’t interact with the computer at all when it does this, but MJ will continue playing songs until I give up and hit the reset button on my tower.

Less bothersome, but still annoying problems:

Infrequent but inexplicable crashes - These are rare, but annoying.

Often the song info in the lower left corner of the MEGA-ME mode will stop updating until I minimize and restore the MJ window. When this happens, the playing now playlist won’t update properly either. The visualizations continue to work alright though.

Frequently, when I have the visualizations set to cycle, it will seem to get “stuck” on the Wild Star visualization. Unsticking it is as easy as togging the Cycle Visualizations option off and on again.

When dragging songs around in the playing now playlist, sometimes I can make it scroll by dragging the song over the column headings, and sometimes I can’t. I wish I could all the time!

Enough whining for one post I guess. . .

Lachlan

Lachlan87

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re:Things I wish you'd fix in a future version
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 09:16:28 am »

Oops, forgot:

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.400
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2957 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 722 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1552
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1556
wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer
Pages: [1]   Go Up