Same as MC10
- 8 (40%)
Somewhat less stable than MC10
- 5 (25%)
Still an alpha - use at risk
- 4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11 ready for prime-time?  (Read 1503 times)

gpvillamil

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Listen to the music...
MC11 ready for prime-time?
« on: November 16, 2004, 02:57:42 am »

I realize MC11 is still officially in alpha - however, I am debating whether to pay for the upgrade and make the jump, and wanted to get a sense of how MC11 users feel about stability.

Basically, is it more stable, same, or less stable than MC10? Are there any major issues or lost functionality in moving to MC11?

Omni

Re:MC11 ready for prime-time?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 03:34:36 am »

::)  Answer me this:  What exactly do you have to lose by purchasing the license now rather than later?

Benefits of upgrading now:  cheaper upgrade cost and the ability to install MC10 and MC11 side-by-side.  (side-by-side = you have nothing to lose)

Benefits of not upgrading now:  none. ;D

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 04:03:53 am »

::)  Answer me this:  What exactly do you have to lose by purchasing the license now rather than later?

Benefits of upgrading now:  cheaper upgrade cost and the ability to install MC10 and MC11 side-by-side.  (side-by-side = you have nothing to lose)

Benefits of not upgrading now:  none. ;D
Basically, what I would lose by upgrading now to an unstable package is the stability of what is, for me, a production system.

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 05:43:20 am »

For me... Its been as stable as a full release since the day they released the first alpha.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004, 06:25:16 am »

JaredH,

when you say stable what do you mean exactly? Do you mean that MC11 never crashes?

In my case it crashes all the time, even when nothing is happening on my pc and everything is idle there. And it also crashes on my notebook which has a totally different architecture, although both are driven by AMD Athlon processors.

LonWar

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 06:45:06 am »

JaredH,

when you say stable what do you mean exactly? Do you mean that MC11 never crashes?

In my case it crashes all the time, even when nothing is happening on my pc and everything is idle there. And it also crashes on my notebook which has a totally different architecture, although both are driven by AMD Athlon processors.

Maybe it's because I don't do anything that advanced, But I have yet to encounter a bad bug...
-

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2004, 07:29:57 am »

I said in another thread that I believe this is related to the wireless network.  We're looking at this problem now, but it's more a case of our having to work around other company's bugs than one we've created.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2004, 07:31:08 am »

I'm going to lock this thread now.  It's too early to have this discussion.  We're not ready to release.  If you want to use MC 11 or not use it, please do so.

I'll leave the poll open for a day or two.
Pages: [1]   Go Up