INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Send to mail recipient and MC10 Media Server  (Read 847 times)

godavego

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Send to mail recipient and MC10 Media Server
« on: November 15, 2004, 09:19:28 pm »

I have all my CDs and pictures setup on an MC10 media server.  For music, it's very useful to be able to play my music on my home office computer and my wife's laptop.  However, the images are not too useful.

Is there a way to set things up so that my wife and I can send images via email from the media server?  Right now, when you try to send an image to a mail recipient, I either get nothing or "Failed to resize image: %s" message.  Because of this limitation, I can't convince my wife to use the program at all.  Her response is "This is a pain in the &^%" because we have to use MC10 to find the picture we want, then do a whole bunch of crazy filename copy/paste tasks to get the image into a simple mail message.

It should not be this hard.  Someone please tell me I'm missing something, and that it isn't that hard.

[edit: change subject to be more specific]

lee269

• Citizen of the Universe
  • sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
Re:Send to mail recipient and MC10 Media Server
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 12:33:45 pm »

This is an interesting post.

I just tried to send to mail recipient with a song selected (in MC11 and not through Media Server), and it attaches the mp3 file to the email. So Im guessing this behaviour in Media Server is intentional to stop 'file sharing'.

However its reasonable to want to email your holiday snaps to friends and family. Presumably even changing Media Server to allow images to be added to emails from the client PC might cause copyright problems. IE allows you to save any picture from a website onto your PC AFAIK though - that may not be strictly right either, but I cant see a difference between it and emailing from Media Server.

Sorry I cant offer a solution.

godavego

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 02:57:38 pm »

Yes, I neglected to mention that it does work perfectly without the media server involved.  It doesn't work if I'm at a client computer connected to a remote library.

I thought about the copyright issue, but that only make sense if I was sharing these photos to the outside world.  I would guess that the vast majority of users use Media Server to share content among computers in their own house.  In that case, I should be able to enable this to work.  At a minimum, don't show me things I can't do.  As it works right now, it sure looks like an error, not the intended behavior.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 10:42:24 am »

Thanks for pointing this out, I'll take a look.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up