INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Registration problem  (Read 1604 times)

Lachlan87

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Registration problem
« on: November 14, 2004, 07:18:46 pm »

I have multiple computers in my home, and since you kindly let us use one licence for multiple PC's, I thought I'd give all the computer's on my home networked licenced copies of media jukebox. The process of licencing them seems to work (the restore licence option is greyed out). The day I go through the process, the computer will have access to the advanced features, but if I come back another time, I find that it is no longer licenced!

This happens on all of my computers except the computer I originally purchased MJ on.

I always download the key on the computer I originally purchased MJ on, since that's the computer that has my purchase code, and then I move it onto a USB memory stick to the other computers to licence them.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug with MJ?

Another thing that occurs to me. . . I’m not sure if I copied the registration files off the Memory stick before I used them to register the software. Would that make my licence disappear when I remove the memory stick? Normally I wouldn’t be adverse to experimenting, but I don’t want to use up all my restores before I get it working.

Even with it’s flaws, MJ is the best music player I have ever used, although I admittedly haven’t tried MC. . .

Thanks for your time.

Lachlan

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Yet another registration problem
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 08:27:07 am »

Please try this FAQ:

www.mediajukebox.com/license

Lachlan87

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 09:25:16 am »

I already read that through. I looked it over again since you told me too, but it didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. Probably you thought I waited too long before using the key, but I did it the same day I downloaded it. I suppose I can try to download the key directly onto the computer I want to use it on instead of copying it. . .

It's not desprately critical for it to work, since even with just the free version they can still connect to my main computers music server. I just wanted to do it for the extra DSP stuff.

Does MC have licencing issues as often as MJ?

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 10:48:01 am »

Does your computer name change? Sometimes other software will change the name or other system info, causing the license to no longer work.

j

Lachlan87

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 11:54:55 am »

Well, as far as I know my computer names don't change. . . I don't change it myself, and I doubt any of my siblings would know how. What sort of a program would change it?

The memory sticks act just like hard drives, so when I register off a file on the memory stick, and then remove it, would that count as a change in system info?

Is there any real chance that something like Norton Systemworks would remove a nessecary registery setting when it does it's registry scanning?

I really appreatiate your taking time to help me with this.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 10:26:36 am »

Is there any real chance that something like Norton Systemworks would remove a nessecary registery setting when it does it's registry scanning?

I use Norton Systemworks all the time and it does not have a problem with MC or MJ.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2004, 10:37:08 am »

I don't think it's the memory stick. You could test it out: register Media Jukebox, play with the memory stick and then see if Media Jukebox is still registered...

j

Lachlan87

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2004, 08:45:59 pm »

Sorry for not writing back sooner. . . I was testing out the trial version of MC and kind of forgot about my MJ problems for while.

I registered it again, this time by downloading the file instead of transferring it via memory stick. Then, just to see, I plugged the memory stick in and loaded it up. It was still licenced, just as John Gateley expected.

Running Nortons SystemWorks one button checkup doesn't seem to hurt it either, like KingSparta said.

I guess all I can do now is pay close attention to see if/why the registration disappears again. Hopefully it was just a fluke or something.

I'll post here again if I have further problems. (Unless someone has more suggestions?)

Thanks again for your time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up