INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request: Automation (common functions)  (Read 900 times)

AoXoMoXoA

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
Request: Automation (common functions)
« on: November 25, 2004, 09:59:57 pm »

I keep wishing that MC could do a few thing in a more automated manner, such as:

1- Macros . . . so we can initiate a series of functions which we use repeatedly.
(i.e. I always perform the same functions with tagging, renaming from properties, etc when I first import new files.)

2- Rules sets . . . . I'd like to be able to define a set of rules which could be automatically applied, for instance:
I currently am using several drives, which I divide alphabetically. If I was able to create a set of rules for saving files to drives/folders based on the first letter of the artist name, any files imported and saved could be automatically assigned to the correct drive.

3- How about expanding YADB to include other tagging fields which we are no longer able to get on Amazon.com using plugins?

Any chance this may someday find it's way into MC11 or at least some future version?
. . . the game is rigged

lemvigh

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re:Request: Automation (common functions)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 05:57:05 am »

I don't know if it could be easily be done with macros, but:

1. I would like to be able to capitalize tags.

2. In "Find & Replace" it would be great, if you could use markers like [Artist] in both the search and replace edit box.

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2004, 06:07:14 am »

Macros and rule sets would surely be great. I spend so MUCH time tagging... And I seem to always forget a step somewhere....

I also have the same "multiple hard drives" issue, so adding the ability to set a rule to "Rename files" so that all artists with the name starting with A-L get moved to Drive E: and M-Z to Drive F: would be great.

M.

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2004, 06:10:37 am »

I don't know if it could be easily be done with macros, but:

1. I would like to be able to capitalize tags.

lemvigh,

You can do this today.

Click "Library Tools" then "Clean File Properties". There you can select which fields you want to capitalize, as well as the capitalization method.

Michel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up