INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M-audio 410 Sound Card  (Read 3614 times)

sonypoolplr

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
M-audio 410 Sound Card
« on: November 27, 2004, 09:01:21 am »

I installed the 410 card on my computer and now when I play my music using MC10 I get a lot of break ups in the playback. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix this?

Thanks

meep

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: M-audio 410 Sound Card
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 05:14:01 am »

Hi There

I have this card and have perfewct playback.

The first thing to check are the M0-Audio drivers you are using. I recall about 18 months ago, there was a severe issue with this card and DVD playback software TheaterTek. It was necessary to have a verry specific set of drivers to make everything work.

Unfortunately, I'm away from my HTPC at present so cannot tell you what drivers I use but check out m-audio website and search for various downloads (check the Beta checkbox to get all options).

Download a few of the more recent driver releases and install, restart & test. Note M-Audio provide a driver uninstall utility. Make sure you use that!

Next, run MC without any DPS effects switched in. I found in experimenting that some combos could cause problems.

Make sure you are using ASIO as your playbak settings. This bypasses windows sound mixer junk and pushes audio directly to the card using a professional protpcols.

Finally, eliminate junk from your PC by following some of the Win XP optimistaions tips you can find on the internet. There is SO much junk in WinXP that you don't need and disabling many services, optimising registry entries etc. can boost PC performance significantly, helping audio and video applications run much better. (You need to be confident you know what you're doing though and always make backups!)

Peter

sonypoolplr

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 08:19:42 am »

Peter,
Thanks for your reply. I went to the m-audio web site and downloaded the latest drivers that were there, but I didn't look for any beta ones. Also, I contacted m-audio and they said I am having irq setting issues, that I need to have the card setting around 16 where mine is presently at 23. I am using the ASIO settings but where I am really running into trouble is when I try to use more than one zone of playback, which is why I bought the card in the first place. ;D Anyway, I ended up putting my other sound card back in and I can use them for at least two zones of playback which for now is all I need. I will probably play with it more when I get a chance. If you do find out what drivers you have I would be interested to see if they are the same as the ones I am using. Again thanks for your help with this.

meep

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 05:08:26 pm »

Just checked my M-Audio control panel

i appear to be running drivers version 510.00.0046

I have not attempted to run multiple zones from Media Center but will over the coming weeks. If I encounter any issues, I will report back here.

Peter

CA55X

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 11:49:20 am »

Hi There

I have this card and have perfewct playback.

The first thing to check are the M0-Audio drivers you are using. I recall about 18 months ago, there was a severe issue with this card and DVD playback software TheaterTek. It was necessary to have a verry specific set of drivers to make everything work.

Unfortunately, I'm away from my HTPC at present so cannot tell you what drivers I use but check out m-audio website and search for various downloads (check the Beta checkbox to get all options).

Download a few of the more recent driver releases and install, restart & test. Note M-Audio provide a driver uninstall utility. Make sure you use that!

Next, run MC without any DPS effects switched in. I found in experimenting that some combos could cause problems.

Make sure you are using ASIO as your playbak settings. This bypasses windows sound mixer junk and pushes audio directly to the card using a professional protpcols.

Finally, eliminate junk from your PC by following some of the Win XP optimistaions tips you can find on the internet. There is SO much junk in WinXP that you don't need and disabling many services, optimising registry entries etc. can boost PC performance significantly, helping audio and video applications run much better. (You need to be confident you know what you're doing though and always make backups!)

Peter

Hey sorry im probably doing this wrong. im buying an m audio 410 interface, do i need other cables or anything? or is it just a case of plug it in and thats it. optic cables or anything?

appreciate it if you could help me out. cheers man.
Pages: [1]   Go Up