INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.133 Alpha Available  (Read 13121 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Media Center 11.0.133 Alpha Available
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2004, 07:52:49 pm »

Ok.  Thanks for the info.  I'll give it a whirl tomorrow (I've got to do some computer work tomorrow anyway since I got a new NEC DVD-RW drive :) last Wednesday and I still need to install it.)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

5TillFree

• Recent member
  • Rock On!
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2004, 09:43:52 pm »

I was excited to hear that MC11 supports multiple views but after installing it discovered that it is clumsy and unintuitve to set up multiple views.   I was dissapointed to see that the Playing Now window is still tied to the visualization window - they should be independent.

Another problem is the inability to dock the equalizer.  Equalization is not a one-time set it and forget it adjustment, it needs to be altered frequently based upon the media. MC doesn't even provide simple Bass/Treble controls.

I like slider controls. I know you'll probably argue that every sound card and Windows offers these features but they should still be integrated into MC
»» Select Windows Freeware ««
http://www.SelectFreeware.com

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2004, 12:35:55 am »

Bugs:

1.   After imported Media from Tools-Import Media, MC locks up. Terminating and restarting MC shows that all the media were imported.

2.   Executing MJEXTMAN.EXE unminimizes Media Center.

3.   The removable field is not filled in when items are imported

4.   Changes to the library information for a file that is entered/changed in Drive&Devices is not reflected in Viewschemes. Even after restarting MC, the correct information is in the library for file viewed in Drives&Devices, but not in Viewschemes. Running Import Media, then effectively undoes all of the changes made in Drives&Devices that weren't saved to tags, which in the case of MPEG video files means all of the changes!

5.   When moving photos to another location within “Drives and Devices” the photos are moved, but often the view of the folder the files were moved from is not updated properly (e.g. some of the moved files are still shown, but with an X through the thumbnail showing that the underlying file is no longer present). This occurs when moving files between network shares (where I keep my photos). I have not done detailed testing to determine whether this problem crops up in other contexts.

6.   When starting MC and there is no connection to the internet, instead of putting the page \Media Center\Data\Default InetPage\index.htm up within MC, an instance of Internet Explorer externall to MC displays that page and MC shows an “Action Cancelled” error page.

Jaqqe

• World Citizen
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2004, 01:59:05 pm »

Today (after working fine for a couple of days) MC 11.0.133 started giving this error message:

This occurs after I startup my MC and select Audio. After clicking OK program shuts down. I have not installed or changed any settings.

Media Center Registered 11.0.133 -- C:\Program Files (Multimedia)\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
AMD Athlon 2078 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 618 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1584 (xpsp2.040720-1705) / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3900.6975 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive G: SONY     DVD RW DRU-500A    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Money... no, chocolate makes the world go round. Even here in Finland.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2004, 06:05:00 pm »

I have confirgured MC11.0.133 to RIP frrom 2 drives at the same time.

The RIP PROGRESS pane on the left no longer updates properly. (Not sure about previous versions of MC11 as I have only just switched from MC10)
The pane works fine for one CD only, but doesn't update when 2 CD's are being ripped at the same time.

Richard

Further to the note above, it appears the MC11.0.133 is only ripping from one drive at a time, MC10 used to rip from both drives at the same time but MC11 seems to alternate between each drive and rip one track at a time.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2004, 03:44:52 pm »

2- MC continues to leave behind orphaned folders

I know

I had to write a program to delete them
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2004, 03:54:17 pm »

Custom art will have to be updated to have an XML file describing where the different icons are in the SmallIcons file.  We'll try to make more details available once the system is finalized.  (feel free to remind us)

Matt,

Thats cool. I can wait. But does that mean when its all said and done than I'll have to generate my own XML file telling the locations? Will it be possible for you guys to generate an XML file that has the pre.133 build default locations in it?. Most people will be able to use that as I'm sure their icons were simply replacing the default icons in the default positions.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2004, 03:47:41 pm »

Forgive me, I'm sure I've missed the answer to this question between versions, but did the Cover Art thumbnails that took the place of the two blue music notes when viewing a music list ever make it's way back in? I know there were quite a few request for it back when it disapeared, just wondering if it was added in or change somehow.

Thanks
Josh Huggins   ;D
Thanks!

LonWar

« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2004, 04:35:42 pm »

Forgive me, I'm sure I've missed the answer to this question between versions, but did the Cover Art thumbnails that took the place of the two blue music notes when viewing a music list ever make it's way back in? I know there were quite a few request for it back when it disapeared, just wondering if it was added in or change somehow.

Thanks
Josh Huggins   ;D

No not yet.
-

benrad

« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2004, 08:29:45 pm »

Dude, where's the next build? I've been jonesin' for an upgrade.

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2004, 06:02:11 am »

Seems the "Gapless" playback is about .2 milliseconds shy of gapless.

May not seem like much, but added up over a lifetime that could save me like... a day. Of course, all those cigarettes I smoked in high school took about 600 times that off of my life, so I guess one more isnt that big of a deal.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2004, 06:14:42 am »

2- MC continues to leave behind orphaned folders

I know

I had to write a program to delete them

same here, i wrote a DOS-Batch for that.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up