INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.133 Alpha Available  (Read 13064 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.133 Alpha Available
« on: November 23, 2004, 05:02:08 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110133.exe [see price link above]

Recent Changes

11.0.133 (11/23/04)

1. Fixed: m3u playlist creation for mass storage portable devices.
2. Fixed: Some right-click controls in the player bar weren't working properly.
3. Fixed: Warnings about over-capacity when burning CD/DVD could be incorrect for very large values.
4. Changed: Tree auto-expand / auto-collapse happens on a timer so expansion state won't toggle when double-clicking.
5. Fixed: Tree auto-expand / auto-collapse was not working when changing tree selections with keyboard shortcuts.
6. Changed: List gridlines extend to entire list, including non-item area.
7. Changed: Track number and disc number are linked so that sorting by track number automatically sorts by disc number first.
8. NEW: Thumbnail building now builds several thumbnails at once (multiple threads), which can be much faster in some cases.
9. Changed: Thumbnail builder no longer keeps threads running once thumbnails have finished being built. (more efficient)
10. Fixed: Media Center could be unstable on a computer with a CD drive installed that wasn't a burner. (introduced in build 129)
11. Changed: Options button position for TiVo Server and Library Server moved to the left.
12. Changed: Removed Media Server from installation.  Use new Library Server / TiVo Server from Media Center > Tree > Plugins.
13. Fixed: Double-click to add / remove buttons wasn't working the "Customize Toolbar" window.
14. Fixed: Maximize / restore on W2K could cause Media Center to not resize web page views properly in some cases.

11.0.129 (11/19/04)

1. Fixed: WMA files with long notes or bios stored in the previous extended field format could cause a crash when being analyzed by MC.
2. Fixed: Tree auto-expand / auto-collapse was not working properly in some cases.
3. Fixed: CD views would shuffle the sequence column and flicker when redrawing when files were queued for burning.
4. NEW: Media Center creates a log file in the "Logs" folder beneath the library for each import. (aids troubleshooting and allows users to see exactly what gets changed)
5. Changed: Revised MP3 Encoder options wording to make it more clear whether it's in VBR, ABR, or CBR mode.
6. Fixed: Option to trim silence when burning a CD was not working.
7. Fixed: PDA devices will not cause new versions of the update file to download.
8. Changed: View schemes show in Theater View by default or after upgrade. (was hiding by default -- still configurable)
9. Fixed: Database could get corrupted by viewing a removable handheld device.
10. Changed: CD burning displays per-file progress in the list during a burn.

11.0.128 (11/15/04)

1. Fixed: Theater View's "Add (selection)" command wouldn't work properly when selecting individual files with check marks.
2. Changed: MC can now display CMYK format JPEGs.
3. Fixed: Changes made with "Edit View Scheme" wouldn't show in the tree until the tree was collapsed and expanded.
4. Changed: MC now sorts word breaks before punctuation. (example: "mc sort" before "mc's sort")
5. Changed: View scheme results are run before the global search. (order can be important with combinations of advanced search params)
6. New: MC TV can do time-shifting on ATI HDTV Wonder device.
7. Fixed: Send To and Action Window playlist building would add tracks to the beginning instead of the end of a playlist.
8. Fixed: WAV file info like duration and bitrate was not being imported.

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD playback support
  • Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
  • Support for ATI HDTV card
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

10sne1

• World Citizen
Re:Media Center 11.0.133 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 06:23:56 pm »

Media Server.exe is not found! ?

I used the new Library server under plug ins but getting message that local Media Server cannot be found.  I'm using this version (11.0.133) on both computers.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 07:05:59 pm »

Media Server.exe is not found! ?

I used the new Library server under plug ins but getting message that local Media Server cannot be found.  I'm using this version (11.0.133) on both computers.
Can you start a new thread on this?  It's working for me.

rickeyjt

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 08:22:56 pm »

This version still does not make a playlist on the handheld device.  Copies the files great but no .m3u appears on the \ root.  \ is what I have in the tools/options/handheld/configure menu.

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 08:31:05 pm »

I have a smartlist of songs rated 4 or higher, and its sort is set to random.

One of the panes in my view scheme is set to the playlist group that contains the smartlist.  Shuffle is off.

I would expect that when I selected the smartlist in the pane to play, the songs would be played in random order, since the definition of the playlist says it's sorted randomly - even with Shuffle off.  And I thought that MC actually did this before.  

But right now, the smartlist displays in the view scheme the same way every time and it plays in the same order.

bedessy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dj NoBody
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2004, 08:38:24 pm »

here we go again this latest version 11.0.133 ,goes threw the setup process, but will not install. Just like the problems that were posted after windows service pack 2 came out and alot of people were having problems installing the updates. I'm able to download the build go as far as the media center setup process but after the blue bars fill up. The hole process stops, 11.0129 is the version I have.

Media Center Registered 11.0.129 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1594 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 447 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-107D  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-107D   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive F: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-708A     Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

benrad

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 09:09:39 pm »

here we go again this latest version 11.0.133 ,goes threw the setup process, but will not install.

I was able to install it without any problems.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004, 09:20:12 pm »

12. Changed: Removed Media Server from installation.  Use new Library Server / TiVo Server from Media Center > Tree > Plugins.

I thought media server.exe wasn't going to be put to rest until Library Server could run as a service?
I run media server.exe as a service under Windows 2000 so that I can stream the library to my work computer.  I can't have MC running when the machine at home is not logged in to a desktop.
Please tell me there is a way to make this run as a service!?!?
I'm hesitant to run MC as a service because the library may get corrupted if someone runs it on the desktop while it's running as a service.
With Media Server.exe it was foolproof.

Library server works, but I have to leave the machine logged in to a desktop when I'm not there, which I can't do.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2004, 10:18:10 pm »

I thought media server.exe wasn't going to be put to rest until Library Server could run as a service?
I run media server.exe as a service under Windows 2000 so that I can stream the library to my work computer.  I can't have MC running when the machine at home is not logged in to a desktop.
Please tell me there is a way to make this run as a service!?!?
I'm hesitant to run MC as a service because the library may get corrupted if someone runs it on the desktop while it's running as a service.
With Media Server.exe it was foolproof.

Library server works, but I have to leave the machine logged in to a desktop when I'm not there, which I can't do.

Media Server didn't have a built-in way to run as a service.

Please start another thread to dig more.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2004, 10:19:21 pm »

I don't see anything about toolbar icons being changed, so I'm assuming that this is a bug and not intentional.  (I really hope it's not intentional.)  Below is my toolbar as it appeared in .129 and now in .133.  I've not made any changes in the placement or selection of icons.

matshif

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2004, 11:18:55 pm »

I don't see anything about toolbar icons being changed, so I'm assuming that this is a bug and not intentional.  (I really hope it's not intentional.)  Below is my toolbar as it appeared in .129 and now in .133.  I've not made any changes in the placement or selection of icons.

I have also this mess!

matshif

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2004, 11:20:37 pm »

I version .129 we got this:

4. NEW: Media Center creates a log file in the "Logs" folder beneath the library for each import. (aids troubleshooting and allows users to see exactly what gets changed)

Where more exactly do I find the Logs?

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2004, 03:03:32 am »

I just realized that "Playing Now" doesn't scroll to the currently playing song in long playlists. Is this a bug or has it to be enabled somehow?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2004, 04:52:52 am »

I have only the Back and Forward buttons on the top toolbar. They got wrong icons on my system too. Removing the buttons and putting them back again fixed the icons.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2004, 06:15:22 am »

Im glad you guys were able to fix your toolbar problem but apparently the same thing has happened to me with the tree icons.

Im going to make a wild guess and say that somehow icons in general are calling for incorrect parts of the corresponding png files the icon images are located in. If anyone knows how to fix the tree issue, please post. Otherwise I'll just wait until the next build. Even though this has added another twitch to my already spastic obession with UI perfection.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2004, 09:15:08 am »

Im glad you guys were able to fix your toolbar problem but apparently the same thing has happened to me with the tree icons.

Im going to make a wild guess and say that somehow icons in general are calling for incorrect parts of the corresponding png files the icon images are located in. If anyone knows how to fix the tree issue, please post. Otherwise I'll just wait until the next build. Even though this has added another twitch to my already spastic obession with UI perfection.

Remove your "MC\Data\Custom Art" and "MC\Data\Custom Resources" folders if you're seeing the wrong art.  Make a backup first so you don't lose anything.

SteveG

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2004, 09:58:34 am »

rickeyjt,

Please try entering 'ROOT' instead of '\'.  

Steve

Shelly

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2004, 10:49:33 am »

Remove your "MC\Data\Custom Art" and "MC\Data\Custom Resources" folders if you're seeing the wrong art.  Make a backup first so you don't lose anything.

Hi Matt,

I have neither a Custom Art or a Custom Resources folder.

Edit:
I have only the Back and Forward buttons on the top toolbar. They got wrong icons on my system too. Removing the buttons and putting them back again fixed the icons.

Thanks, Alex - that works!

Markus

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2004, 11:32:43 am »

1) In many dialogues the "cancel"-button doesn't work reliably - it often seems to do nothing. E.g. when I try to cancel the download cover art images from the internet-process. Or the message window vanishes after clicking cancel but MC still doesn't react and shows the hourglass-cursor.

2) To cancel the operation is often necessary because the cover art download process often hangs up. Media Center goes up to 99% cpu usage but the progress indicator doesn't move for hours, no more images get downloaded. It is especially frustrating that thousands of freshly downloaded but not yet saved cover art images get lost everytime I have to kill the Media Center process manually...

3) When I click under "drives & devices" on computer folders containing many media files MC starts to analyse which can take very long  for a folder with  .avi/.mpeg files, but can be painfully slow for folders containing just audio or document  files.  When I click the cancel butten in the "gathering information and updating view"-window it happens that quite some time passes before I can use MC again. And MC often hangs up with a windows error message when doing this.

4) Though MC allows to analyze audio files and fetch cover art from the internet at the same time this leads to a hang up. When the the second of the two just named processes starts the first one stops working and even seems to lock up. Again cancelling doesn't work well here, either.
Update: With .133 I cannot reproduce the hang ups for now - the rest is the same as with .129

5) Having .m4a files (from Apple iTunes or Allofmp3.com) in a playlist together with .mp3 or .ogg files it happens that your ears get blasted by the volume level of the .m4a files being so much higher. This makes MCs ability to play .m4a files quite useless... It would be great if MC could analyze .m4a files, too or at least generally play them on a reduce level as MC does with other not yet analyzed files.

6) Since .129 the synchronize option in the context menu (right cllick on iPod in "Drives and Devies") does not show up anymore. This has not changed with .133.

7) Real "Blue Screen of Death" - my first one for about a year - reconnecting my iPod after ejection by MC and unconnection.

Markus

Media Center Registered 11.0.133 -- C:\Programme\J River\Media Center 11\

AMD Athlon 1513 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 267 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive D: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082B   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2004, 11:45:37 am »

marcus,

The synchronize option is showing up for me in rev 129.

I believe hh_portable.dll in the plugin subfolder and pdt.xml in the \Data\Default Resources control this.

Delete both of those file and then install the latest build again.   I know when I lost the sychronize option on the context menu J River staff emailed me a pdt.xml file that fixed it right up.  It could be that their installshield isn't correctly replacing that particular file.

twentworth22

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2004, 02:34:48 pm »

marcus,

I just did a complete uninstall/reinstall with 133 and I do not have the syncronize option available when I right-click on my iPod.

Markus

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2004, 03:53:58 pm »

marcus,

I believe hh_portable.dll in the plugin subfolder and pdt.xml in the \Data\Default Resources control this.

Delete both of those file and then install the latest build again.   I know when I lost the sychronize option on the context menu J River staff emailed me a pdt.xml file that fixed it right up.  It could be that their installshield isn't correctly replacing that particular file.

I have done so but the problem remains.  Thanks for the advice anyway!

Markus

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2004, 04:02:47 pm »

I am astonished by the opportunities which open with the new library system but I am missing the possibility to make the genre field a semicolon delimited list field.
Whith the situation and the mood field I can assign more than one value this way. This would be great for Albums and genres, too since one song can be contained in many albums and have more than one genre that fits...
When I try to make genre or album semicolon delimited list fields in Options\Library\Edit Library field "album" / "genre" , the radio button "User Data" on the right is greyed out...

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2004, 04:10:01 pm »

I also tried something like this (in v. 129) and it didn't work. I created a new field, then called it Data Type List, Edit Type Standard and entered the values (4 or 5) separated by a semicolon. But it didn't work. When I added the field to a new View, it was just blank, with no choices.

SteveG

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2004, 04:33:32 pm »

Markus and twentworth,

In plugin manager, what version do you have for the Portable Drives Plugin?

What right click options do you see, if not synchronize?

Can you transfer and synchronize using the Action Window correctly?

Steve

Shadowen

• World Citizen
  • He was but a shadow of his former self...
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2004, 07:25:36 pm »

Media Center crashes when I try and select the Drives & Devices item on the left hand side.  It seems to happen when I insert my DVD-RW media into my E: drive.

I do have Nero InCD running in the system tray, because I use the E: drive to backup data to.  Could there be a conflict with InCD running on a drive and Media Center trying to analyze it?

If I leave the drive open before clicking on the Drives & Devices it will "analyze devices" and expand without a problem.  But as soon as I insert a disk, Media Center will crash on the following item:

AppName: media center.exe
AppVer: 11.0.133.0
ModName: cdwriter.ocx
ModVer: 1.0.0.111
Offset: 00028013

Here is my system info:

Media Center Registered 11.0.133 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

AMD Athlon 2087 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 702 MB

Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive V:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive D: ARTEC    WSM-52X            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive E: SONY     DVD RW DRU-510A    Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2004, 07:51:59 pm »

marcus,

I have done so but the problem remains.  Thanks for the advice anyway!

I upgraded to 133 today and now I no longer have the synchronize option on the right click menu, just like you guys.  Here's what I have:

Show Queued files only
Play
Add To Playing Now
Explore
Eject Ipod
Enable Auto-Eject on close
Set Upload Volume Adjustment
Initialize Ipod
Rebuild Database From Ipod

Synchronizing from the action window works fine, which is what I use most of the time anyway.

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2004, 07:53:30 pm »

Steve,

I'm having the same problem -- no "synchronize" on the right-click menu. My Portable Drives version is 11.0.19

I am able to synchronize via the Handheld Player in the Action Window.

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2004, 09:46:46 pm »

Happy Thanksgiving guys!

When you're back in action after the holiday, I've got a small one for you: if you drag the pane/thumbnail separator line to a new position and exit MC, its position isn't saved when you reopen MC.

Take care,

-Doug

bjsolem

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2004, 12:32:29 am »

I haven't been keeping up with new builds as much lately so I don't know when this would have started for me, but my ipod sync speed got way slow.  It's about 1/6th of what it used to be.

No fun.  Am I alone with this issue?

GrumpyNick

• Recent member
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2004, 03:46:08 am »

I haven't been keeping up with new builds as much lately so I don't know when this would have started for me, but my ipod sync speed got way slow.  It's about 1/6th of what it used to be.

I had this problem too a couple of days ago and fixed it with a reboot. I felt it was more likely an XP issue than Media Center. My ipod is a second generation 10 GB firewire model.

Nick
Cats like plain crisps

janakdesai1070

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2004, 06:12:13 am »

How do I purchase (upgrade from v.10) v.11 for $10. I am not able to find any link on your site.

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2004, 07:52:46 am »

Ok, thats all well and good Matt. It works great, but will I be able to use my custom art in the next build, or any future builds?
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2004, 08:02:33 am »

How do I purchase (upgrade from v.10) v.11 for $10. I am not able to find any link on your site.
Please see this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

Shelly

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2004, 09:13:07 am »

Hi Matt,

I have neither a Custom Art or a Custom Resources folder.

Edit:

Thanks, Alex - that works!

After rebooting, the original incorrect icons returned.  Trying again to remove and replace the icons was unsuccessful, as the customize toolbar dialog displayed the wrong icons, as well.

I reinstalled .129 and copied the default art and default resources folders to my desktop, reinstalled .133 and replaced the respective folders with those from .129.  That seems to have worked, with the correct icons being present in the toolbars.  

Markus

• Recent member
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2004, 09:33:12 am »

Markus and twentworth,

In plugin manager, what version do you have for the Portable Drives Plugin?

Portable Drives: 11.0.19
WMDM: 11.0.05

Did a complete uninstall and then reinstall of MC 11.0.133 butthat brought no change.

What right click options do you see, if not synchronize?

I see:

Show Queued files only          |
-----------------------------|
Play                                    |
Add To Playing Now              |
Explore                                |
Eject Ipod                            |
Enable Auto-Eject on close     |
Set Upload Volume Adjustment|
Initialize Ipod                       |
Rebuild Database From Ipod    |
_________________________|

In opposite to MCs other context menus this one has system colors and style...

Can you transfer and synchronize using the Action Window correctly?

Generally this works, though quite buggy. Since .129 after transferring some files I often get the message there was not enough space on my iPod for all files left in the transfer queue.  This happens even when it absolutely shouldn't, e.g. after having freshly formatted and initialised the iPod and just around 30 mp3s transferred yet. This can get especially annoying because cancelling doesn't work here, either - so you have to click through some hundred error message windows or hard kill the MC task...

Have a nice Thanksgiving over there!
-Markus

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2004, 11:01:46 am »

Ok, thats all well and good Matt. It works great, but will I be able to use my custom art in the next build, or any future builds?

Custom art will have to be updated to have an XML file describing where the different icons are in the SmallIcons file.  We'll try to make more details available once the system is finalized.  (feel free to remind us)

edbro

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2004, 11:29:43 am »

I am trying to connect my Rio Karma to MC 11 but it does not recognize it. MC 10 used to work great. When I check the help file it tells me to enable WDM support in Tools - Options - Devices. Well, there is no option in "Devices" for WDM.  There is a new option named Handhelds but I see no place to enable WDM there either.

Copy from another thread at Matt's request.

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2004, 11:39:19 am »

I have the same righ-click menu as Markus, although my sync worked better than his (no real problems and it was beautifully fast -- 5,000+ songs transferred in a tenth (or less) of the time as 1,000 photos from iTunes).

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2004, 09:38:50 pm »

1- Irregardless of how many additional CD's I have ripped recently, MC has continued to report in the title bar that my library contains 6.9 YEARS playtime worth of music.

2- MC continues to leave behind orphaned folders (Empty, with No system or hidden files contained within).

3- MC's search for cover art in my local cover art folder appears to overlook files due to articles (a, the) different capitalization, or the use of parenthesis.
. . . the game is rigged

bjsolem

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2004, 10:09:23 pm »

I had this problem too a couple of days ago and fixed it with a reboot. I felt it was more likely an XP issue than Media Center. My ipod is a second generation 10 GB firewire model.

Nick

I rebooted after 1/2 hour or so and got the same results.  I have a 3G 15gig model.

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2004, 12:01:51 am »

Hmm, I have a new iPod photo, and my sync speeds were blazingly fast. Just to add data to the mix.

matshif

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2004, 12:23:22 am »

I version .129 we got this:

Where more exactly do I find the Logs?

Depends where your library is....
for me, using windows XP, the logs go to

C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\J River\Media Center 11\Library\Logs\

There is a 'view log' button on the import summary dialogue, try hitting that, then viewing the properties of the file you have open, or close it, then look in your windows 'recently opened files' list for some more clues.

-marko.

Thanks marko for your time. Sorry that I haven't been able to answer before.

I have XP, SP2 and MC 11 build .133

I have no Logs like you under C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\J River\Media Center 11\Library\Logs\

I can't see what you mean by: "There is ...etc" but I'll try later to day.

So thank you so far. I'll be back.

rickeyjt

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2004, 12:24:28 am »

rickeyjt,

Please try entering 'ROOT' instead of '\'.  

Steve

m3u file is still not created on the root of my Carbon.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2004, 09:19:21 am »

1- MC is not always relinquishing 'focus' when another window is openned or clicked.

2- MC is not always deleting folders in the tree with the use of the Delete key, but did with Right-Click-->>Delete

3- MC will at times display confirmation dialogs BEHIND the main interface, making it appear that MC is not responding.

. . . the game is rigged

Dragyn

« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2004, 09:38:09 am »

• alt F E W P T H is bringing up TV controls.
  • Execute showing for separator.
  • F2 sometimes doesn't do anything even if item(s) selected
  • Image/Video sometimes shows wrong thumbnail image. Not all thumbnails are created/shown (F5).
  • Edit box (Name Scheme) active when disabled. When disabled, auto changes with preset.
  • Changing skin doesn't change view2,view3
  • Changing font (more than 1 AW), corrupts view (ie: tag info)
  • People="" doesn't work like Artist="". I know [] works.
  • Changing thumb size doesn't update until switching views. F5 doesn't work in this case.
  • Auto Complete (Inline) is not correcting case like Tag Info.
  • Moving View Schemes do not retain sort order.
  • Retrieve Cover Art (after import) sometimes hidden. Don't know what MC is doing (stalled).

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2004, 01:13:21 am »

Tools>Options>Handheld
Click the button labeled "Configure Transfer options".
The list of playlists needs a vertical scrollbar.
They can't all be seen.  Arrow up/down doesn't move you down past the visible one either.

-----------

In left window pane, select a view scheme or a playlist.
Select Edit>Copy from the menu.
Then select Edit>Paste from the menu.  The view scheme or playlist copies correctly, but the hourglass indicator remains as if it's still working.   Cannot cancel this and the X in the right corner is grayed out and can't be used to close.
It's stuck in a loop or something as I've confirmed all work to be done is, in fact, done.   They playlist I copied is fine.

Simple

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2004, 09:39:34 am »

What I do:
I import new files and store the matching covers. I get the covers via copy/paste and store them inside every file.

The covers are imported and saved as they should (if I play the files the right one is showed).

But If I check my 'Recently Imported' via smartlist, the covers are messed up. In this smartlist some albums have the same covers, no cover at all etc.

11.0.133 (not using every version before)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2004, 12:03:23 pm »

Just thought that I would pipe in that I too am having the incorrect icons on my toolbars.  I do not have any "Custom" folders in my Media Center 11/Data/ directory (I don't have any custom art in MC).  I did not try re-adding the buttons to my toolbar because that would be extremely irritating to have to do (especially since it seems that the errant icons come back on reboot), so I'll just wait for the next build.  Hopefully it will automagically fix itself ...

"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2004, 01:12:27 pm »

I did not try re-adding the buttons to my toolbar because that would be extremely irritating to have to do (especially since it seems that the errant icons come back on reboot),

I fixed mine, and they did NOT come back mixed-up after a reboot.
Worth a try.  ;)
. . . the game is rigged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up