INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11 loses Zen Touch after build 127  (Read 1231 times)

Valisystem

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
MC11 loses Zen Touch after build 127
« on: November 28, 2004, 01:16:17 am »

FWIW - recent builds of MC11 were doing a fine job of working with the Creative Zen Touch. MC11 identified it as a handheld device when it was plugged in, downloaded the Nomad plugin, and allowed me to browse files on the ZT and drop files into it. That worked thru build 127.

When I installed 129, I could see the Nomad plugin being downloaded, but nothing appeared under Drives & Devices, and clicking on Handheld Player in the Action Windows generated a "No handheld found" message.

I went back to 127 - not a clean install, just installed 127 over 129 - and everything was back to normal.

Had the same result tonight with 133. Just for fun, I did a pretty thorough uninstall/reinstall and still no joy with 133. Went back to 127 and the Zen Touch is back in the tree and files are happily copying.

I'm not sure what it means. Things are working great tonight with build 127 but I'll be a little leery about trying the next few builds unless something magic occurs to you. We're way overdue for a firmware upgrade for the Zen Touch anyway, so maybe it's a moot point until that arrives.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:MC11 loses Zen Touch after build 127
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 05:21:57 pm »

This should be fixed in the next MC build.

Thanks,

Steve

Valisystem

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: MC11 finds Zen Touch with build 146
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 11:57:02 pm »

The problem appears to be solved - my Zen Touch is again a happy member of the MC11 tree. Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up