INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11 rookie -- synching zones  (Read 1163 times)

blazer1

• Change this by choosing profile
MC11 rookie -- synching zones
« on: November 28, 2004, 01:08:31 pm »

I have recently upgraded to MC11 to try to take adavantage of the zone sync ability.  I have a Russound CAV6.6, Delta 410 audio card, and Cinemar's Musiclobby.  I am able to setup the zones properly but when I sync them, the active zone's audio is slightly off from the other zones.  Several of my zones are very close to each other and the delay is quite noticeable.  Is their a way to correct this in MC.

On another note,  when I upgraded, I lost all my tag info and cover art associations.  How do I prevent this in the future.  Sorryy for the newbie questions but I am still learning.

Thanks

bebop

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:MC11 rookie
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 10:14:23 pm »

blazer1, welcome, I keep all my coverart in  the music file as folder.jpegs , because I put most of my stuff onto my Nomad Zen and like to keep the files themselves as small as possible.  I also keep a backup of all my stuff on a removable drive - mailnly because I have accidently lost it a few times!  I haven't had occasion to use th zone syncing thing as of yet, so someone wlse who is much better versed in this area will have to provide the info you need, I'm afraid.  Bet

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re:MC11 rookie
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 01:23:59 pm »

Check out this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=24562

Mastiff (the resident multi-zone guru) posted some very interesting information there.  But more specifically ...

Yes, it does support zone sync, but I haven't been able to get it good enough, if you need 100 % sync. If a few tenths of a second doesn't bother you (like playing the same music in the bathroom and the living room in a party) then it's ready.

If you would like to get some ideas of workarounds for this, I would post to the thread I mentioned above or post a new thread with a more appropriate (mentioning multi-zone) title.  Mastiff will find it.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Re:MC11 rookie -- synching zones
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 04:06:55 am »

Have no fear, Mastiff's already here!  ;D The word "zone" in a topic always does that to me... The thing is that so far I haven't been able to sync 100 %, so my solution is to have one zone that's a "master zone" fed into the other zone's soundcard's line in. Then you use Girder (or manual labour...) to turn on and off the line in of the other sound cards.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system
Pages: [1]   Go Up