INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lyrics & iPod  (Read 1876 times)

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
Lyrics & iPod
« on: December 07, 2004, 12:58:31 pm »

I just took a look at a little program called iSounder. It is yet another music management software that works with the iPod. But it does two things that MC doesn't which I would really like:

1) it displays lyrics in a box on the side of the song listing. This is something I've wanted in MC forever, but never asked for. Seems like it would be easy enough to add an Action Bar item for lyrics and just pop up a box that shows them (obviously, if they exist).

2) it somehow moves the lyrics into a separate file and syncs them as Notes on the iPod. I've only looked at the demo which doesn't include the iPod functionality, but there is some sort of connection between the Lyrics/Notes and the actual song because you can find the lyrics and then just press the middle button on the iPod and the song will play. (They advertise as for karaoke. . .) Personally, I'd most use it to look up the lyrics to a song I am currently listening to.

Anyone else have any interest in this? Steve, is this something that could go on a list of enhancements?

Thanks.

kadish

• Recent member
  • Lovin' MC9...
Re: Lyrics & iPod
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 04:54:54 pm »

I would *love* this feature as well.  I understand there is a max limit on the number of notes the iPod can store and it doesn't come anywhere near the number of songs the iPod can hold so that may pose a problem...

Currently I export my MC database and import it into Handbase on my Palm and view my lyrics there...

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 05:32:36 pm »

How do you do that? (Export your lyrics from MC and put them in HandBase?) I have a PPC, so that would be a fine solution for me at least at the moment.

mattsnuts

• Junior Woodchuck
  • that'll do
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 07:48:50 pm »

I wanted to be able to view the lyrics too, and even started to write a plugin that would export MC lyrics to txt files... but I didn't have time to do it, got bogged down in COM.

How do you do that? (Export your lyrics from MC and put them in HandBase?) I have a PPC, so that would be a fine solution for me at least at the moment.

I imagine he chooses File -> Library -> Export to XML.

Hmm... (programmer hat on) now that would be an easier approach than writing an MC plugin - a simple XML parser.

-Matt

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 01:12:49 pm »

We will look into adding this in the future. Thanks for the idea.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up