INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iriver h320  (Read 1587 times)

breadfan

• Junior Woodchuck
iriver h320
« on: December 08, 2004, 07:11:23 am »

i just bought a new h320 and was wondering; how do I get it to work with MC?

IanG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: iriver h320
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 05:18:14 pm »

I haven't seen one of these, but I'm told it's seen as an external drive.  That being the case you should be able to set it up by going into tools / options / handheld.  Once it's configured, assuming you've selected the option to sync manualy, you can select handheld in the Action Window, choose the playlists you want to sync and you're up and running! 

Oh, I'm assuming you're running V11.0.112 or later.  That's when the support for handhelds changed - I'm afraid I can't remember the details before then.

Ian G.

jaydpb

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 02:12:00 pm »

I just bought an h340 and am using MC v. 11.0.149. I setup MC to recognized the drive letter as a handheld. I am trying to sync a playlist with about 3,000 files. MC will staring syncnig but after about 300 or 400 files transfer it stall and closes.

Also. Is there any way to have MC force conversion during transger but have it skip more than one type of file. example. the H340 supports mp3 wma and ogg. When syncing my library I want to be able to skip those types of files and only covert ape to ogg.

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated!

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 11:14:38 am »

I just bought an h340 and am using MC v. 11.0.149. I setup MC to recognized the drive letter as a handheld. I am trying to sync a playlist with about 3,000 files. MC will staring syncnig but after about 300 or 400 files transfer it stall and closes.

Can you copy all the files directly to the device from Explorer. My best guess is that there is some problem with a file (somewhere between 300 and 400) which is causing the crash. I am curious to see if you get the same crash with Explorer.

Also. Is there any way to have MC force conversion during transger but have it skip more than one type of file. example. the H340 supports mp3 wma and ogg. When syncing my library I want to be able to skip those types of files and only covert ape to ogg.

In 'Options' in the Action Window when the check the box for 'Enable file conversion during uploads' you can choose to skip files of the same type that you are converting to, but to have the detailed control of conversion you desire, you should probably split your playlist into different playlists by filetype and transfer/convert them separately.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up