INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plugin for iAudio M3  (Read 1551 times)

Stuemi

Plugin for iAudio M3
« on: December 11, 2004, 05:09:43 pm »

Hi there,

Any plans to get a plugin for my handheld iAudio M3?
Or is there another solution to get the device synched?

Thanks from Switzerland
Thomas

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Plugin for iAudio M3
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 03:01:00 pm »

Thomas,

How does the iAudio M3 appear to your PC? As a removable or fixed drive (accesible from Explorer)? Is it visible using Windows Media Player?

Steve

Stuemi

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 04:07:54 pm »

Hi Steve,

The iAUDIO appears to the explorer as ordinary HD.
Can't be seen by the Windows Media Player.

Cheers
Thomas

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 05:54:52 pm »

Stuemi,

MC 11 should be able to access the iAudio then. The next question is, if you copy files to the iAudio using Explorer, does the iAudio recognize them and play them when disconnected from the PC? If so, MC should work.

Steve

Stuemi

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 07:03:00 pm »

Hi Steve,

Actually, I created a BriefCase on the iAUDIO Player and doing an 'update all' when I have modified my Music-Base in MC10 (eg. doing StarRatings, add/remove Songes, etc.). So, I can keep my files in synch with the data on my PC-System.

But, what I have not figured out is the working with playlists. As the Player is not recognized by MC10, the playlists can't be applied directly to the Players PlayList Folder.

Cheers
Thomas

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 09:40:33 am »

Thomas,

MC 11 should be able to recognize this device if it is visible in Explorer as a drive. In regards to playlists, if the device supports m3u playlists, MC 11 will support the creation of these playlists on the device. 

For this to work it is important that the answer to the question "If you copy files to the iAudio using Explorer, does the iAudio recognize them and play them when disconnected from the PC?"  is Yes.

If you want to stick with MC 10, what is the volume label name for the device? Try going to "Plugin Manager->Handheld->Portable Drives->Configure" and enter the volume label name and then see if MC recognizes the device.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up