INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra kills MC on Delete  (Read 1826 times)

UnknownID

Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra kills MC on Delete
« on: December 12, 2004, 12:11:19 pm »

First off, I want to apologize if this in not posted in the right place; I am not sure where the issue lies.

I am running into an issue with my Zen Xtra. MC can find it fine, I can transfer files and playlists fine, and I can navigate the player with out incident. But when I delete anything from the player MC causes 2 errors and then it quits. When I restart MC the files have been deleted off of the player.

MC: v11.0.148
Nomad Jukebox Plugin: 11.0.09
Firmware: v1.20.08

I noticed this problem before when I was using MC 10 and whatever plugin I had installed at the time. Sorry I cannot provide any more info.

Anybody else having this problem as well?

Valisystem

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra kills MC on Delete
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 10:08:43 am »

Same problem with my Zen Touch. Creative just released new firmware and a new driver a couple of days ago but it didn't change the relationship with MC. It's a basically happy relationship but MC closes after deleting files (and I've seen it happen one other time when the view was being refreshed while moving up the tree.)

MC is immediately happy when it restarts - it's literally only a few seconds lost, since the file operation completes correctly . . .

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 01:11:10 pm »

Can either of you give me some more information on what the two errors are that are being reported before MC closing?

Steve

UnknownID

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 01:36:12 pm »

In build 149 I noticed one additional issue regarding this plugin...
Step 1: Plugin addes the Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra to the Tree
Step 2: Click on the Main Node on the tree for the Zen and it displays all files on the drive
Step 3: Click on a sub directory Node. Displays correctly the files in that sub node.
Step 4: Go back to the Main node for Zen. Now it displays all files as Album view with no cover art (obviously) and each file name is "<deleted file>"

Recarding the Main issue...
Step 1: select files to delete from player.
Step 2: Agree to delete files. After the files are removed from the player. An error message appears:
Instruction at "0x00684f1c" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".
Step 3: Click "OK" on the error box to close the program. This causes MC to stop functioning entirely (Ends a stream of music I was listening to) and the area where MC occupied on the screen goes completely white and a new error message box appears:
Instruction at "0x0fd65216" referenced memory at "0x0fdazfa0". The memory could not be "read".
At this point MC is completely closed.
Step 4: I open up MC again and re attach my player. To my amazement MC is fine and the files have been removed.

My computer stats are below:
==========
Media Center Registered 11.0.149 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 1506 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 162 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1584 (xpsp2.040720-1705) / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3900.6975 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: SONY     CD-RW  CRX300E     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
==========

I hope this helps. Let me know if there is anyting else I can do to help  ;D

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 02:14:37 pm »

11.0.150 should resolve this.  Please let me know after it becomes available if it is not fixed.

Thanks.

Steve

UnknownID

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2004, 11:16:00 am »

Thank you so much! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I upgraded to 11.0.159 and it works perfectly!
Pages: [1]   Go Up