INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Serial / RS232 Control of MC11  (Read 2410 times)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Serial / RS232 Control of MC11
« on: December 12, 2004, 05:51:53 pm »

OK,

I'm starting to feel like an idiot!

I have a RTI T2 remote control that I use in RF mode and output to my screen and Processor using a serial (RS232) interface.

I was hoping to use another serial output to control MC11 (rather than IR), and thought that this should be easy!

I was sure it could be done using Girder and the serial plug-in, but then I started reading on this board that MC supports Girder plugins directly (or have I got this wrong?)

So I have downloaded the girder Serial.dll pluging and have tried to install this (through plug-in manager) into MC11, but it doesn't seem to install.

Am I completely off track here?  Or can someody please explain how I install the pluging and get it to work?

Many thanks
Richard

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Serial / RS232 Control of MC11
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 07:03:48 pm »

MC11 does support Girder plug-ins.  Please try a search here for details.  I'm not certain that it supports all Girder plug-ins.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 01:29:37 am »

I did a search first, but not being familiar with Girder wasn't sure how MC and Girder interact together.  I also asume there are differences between MC9/MC10 and MC11 in this area.

I tried another girder plugin and this seemed to load (but I obviously can't start it as I don't hav the IR remote).

Has anyboy else tried to use or got working Serial control of MC using Girder itself of MC11 support of girder somehow???

Richard

simonmason

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 10:07:52 am »

Richard,

Did you make any progress with this?  I just installed MC and I am looking to get serial control working so I can interface with my home automation system - Crestron.  I could use direct IR but that is kludgy, serial or some other direct connection control would be preferred.
Pages: [1]   Go Up