INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Server and Tivo Beacon  (Read 870 times)

rorbin1

• Recent member
  • Orange Whip? Orange Whip? 3 Orange Whips!
Media Server and Tivo Beacon
« on: December 14, 2004, 01:58:15 pm »

Hi, I have Media Center 10.0.155 and I just purchased & networked a Tivo series 2 to my home network over the weekend. I followed the directions in this forum to set up Media Server. Let me first say how easy it was to set up and how AWESOME it interfaces with Tivo. I plan on recommending it to everyone in the www.tivocommunity.com forum to purchase Media Center. Nothing better exists!

My question is, now that I am using Media Server instead of Tivo Publisher to view my photos & listen to my music through Tivo can I remove "Tivo Beacon.exe" from my system tray? I did an msconfig and I saw that it was still running in the background & using up some of my RAM. I hate to waste Ram and I'll stop it from running if I know that it wont effect Media Server.

My OS is Windows XP Pro if it matters

Please advise, Thanks
Robert C. Orbin Jr.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Media Server and Tivo Beacon
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 02:08:09 pm »

Thanks!

You can remove the beacon from your system if desired. To stop it, you can use control panel->Administrative Tool->Services. To disable it, remove the TiVo desktop software.

Be sure to restart Media Server afterwards.

j

rorbin1

• Recent member
  • Orange Whip? Orange Whip? 3 Orange Whips!
Re: Media Server and Tivo Beacon
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 02:13:21 pm »

Thanks John!

The best software on my computer is Media Center and more people in the Tivo universe need to know about it. I plan on getting the word out.

Robert C. Orbin Jr.
Pages: [1]   Go Up